When I use any third party theme, my symbol menu is ridiculously slow. It takes a full 2 seconds to open the menu, and scrolling through the symbols is almost impossible. I had this issue running 4.5.0.77 and still on .131.

Any ideas? I have plenty of free memory (+/- 20MB). It's frustrating not to be able to run any themes.
    02-07-09 06:30 PM
    i experience the same issue. i'm not sure why though.
    02-07-09 10:08 PM
    Does anyone have a Verizon 8130 that can run themes without the symbol menu lag?
    02-08-09 08:13 AM
    Does no one have any idea how to fix this issue? I cannot believe that I cannot use themes on my 8130. Is this a global VZW 8130 issue? There has to be a way to solve the problem.
    02-10-09 05:34 PM
    I have the same issue on my Verizon 8130 using themes. I wish I knew what the fix for this was.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 05:41 PM
    What makes a Verizon 8130 different from any other 8130? It seems like this issue only happens with Verizon.
    02-11-09 04:38 PM
    My Verizon 8130 does the same thing when running themes. I don't know if it is a global issue or related to the theme maker, since both themes I run are from the same source.

Best advice for dealing with it is to not scroll through the symbols list, as it is frustratingly slow. Instead hit the symbol key multiple times to page through the list, then hit the key that selects each symbol. That reduces the lag a bit.
    02-11-09 05:34 PM
    It is an issue that RIM is aware of and looking into how to fix. I have been in contact with a few theme designers and from what I gather it comes from the clear style menu layout, which is very common in themes

To avoid this, I cut back on the symbols I use! Def would rather have a great theme then quicker access to symbols.

02-11-09 05:44 PM
    My Verizon 8130 does the same thing when running themes. I don't know if it is a global issue or related to the theme maker, since both themes I run are from the same source.

Best advice for dealing with it is to not scroll through the symbols list, as it is frustratingly slow. Instead hit the symbol key multiple times to page through the list, then hit the key that selects each symbol. That reduces the lag a bit.
    I did not know about hitting the symbol button multiple times to page through the symbols. That's a great tip.

By the way, I have tried three different themes from three different sources, so I don't think it's an issue with the theme maker.
    02-11-09 06:27 PM
    Same issue here. Someone help!

02-11-09 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD