Well I must say that now I can say pretty confidently that my BB can do everything an Iphone can do, well of course no touch screen(THANK GOD!) and WiFi. The Iphone has a 8gig memory for music, my BB has removable 8gig memory for music,pics,ringtones,videos(to which if they ever come out with a 10gig sd card I can prolly update my OS and install the 10gig with no problem. Iphone has a really nice Internet Browser, I have one with OM4(OperaMini4). My BB has Voice Dial, the Iphone does not. My BB can make a video, the Iphone Cannot. My BB comes with BrickBreaker!!!! I mean come on! Who doesn't love BrickBreaker(I'm sure there are some of you out there but, really? You really don't like Brickbreaker?!? I'm sorry!)
    So Over all I think my BB is way better then the Iphone! So you can spend 399.99 for an Iphone or spend 99.99 for a Pearl(some cases Free depending on Carrier)!!

Click
    01-04-08 09:26 AM
    Agreed. The Pearl is a great alternative to the iPhone. I love mine.

Another thing that is notable and I'm not sure if it applies with the iphones. Remember the first ipods with the horrible batteries (I had one). The replacement cost 50+ and you have to crack open your ipod to install it. I don't know if the iphone is like this.

With the pearl a new battery is pretty inexpensive and no one can argue about the ease of installation.

The best thing the pearl has on the iphone i think is the micro sd. iphone users will be locked to 8gb while we have the option to upgrade bigger when available without getting a new device.

Also does the iphone have a hard drive or flash media? If it has a hard drive that means its data is on moving parts on a mobile device. Most of the ipods have actually had hard drives in them. With the microsd in the pearl everything is stored solid state.
    01-04-08 10:46 AM
    amen! love the pearl.
    01-04-08 11:06 AM
    Most of the ipods have actually had hard drives in them
    Only the larger (30GB, 80GB, etc) ones used hard drives. The Nano and Shuffle both use solid state. In fact, that's part of why some of the 8GB and 16GB iPods cost more than the 20GB and 30GB ones.
    01-04-08 12:18 PM
    Yeeess!

My bff just got an iphone [xmas gift] and I'm like psshht whatever! She's already having issues with it!!

The BB is capable of SO much more then the iphone!
    01-04-08 05:24 PM
    I love this device, use it for everything when I'm not stuck in a chair.
    01-05-08 12:49 AM
    I recently upgrade to my BB pearl and love it. At the time I had a new ipod on my xmas list but quickly removed it because my pearl does everything and then some.

Only issue i'm having and its more of a user issue than a BB issue, converting all of my itunes songs to mp3. Any help would be appreciated!
    01-06-08 09:15 AM
    Well, I used to have the Treo 700p which sucked. I mean I enjoyed its functions but compared to everything else it was pretty bad. I now have the iPhone and love it. I am already used to using touch screens from the Treo so its not a huge deal. Plus I am always excited for the never ending software updates. I do love the BB though and I almost like want one instead of my iphone but oh well. I am totally addicted to the iPhone, just like I was my Treo, and just like I would be to a BB. Crackberry all the same to me...
    01-06-08 09:59 AM
    Hey um... Omar162237497 w.e I know what to do. See thats kind of the problem and it is actually very hard to convert songs. There are a couple of options. If you have songs imported from like CDs you bought, then select them and go "Convert song to mp3" Either a right click or its in the file menu. Option "B" is if you have bought songs from the iTunes music store. Then it is extremely difficult as they have started to crack down. You have to make a playlist and burn that playlist to a CD and re-import that CD--- and then follow the previous instructions. Importing should break that lock the itunes puts on purchased songs, but it sometimes wont work. Its very hard to do lol. I might not even be the best instructions giver. HAHA.
    01-06-08 10:03 AM
    Thanks Taxi! I found a software online that makes the conversion easy called Protected Music Converter. Its about $25 but its simple and fast.
    01-08-08 09:38 AM
    Hey um... Omar162237497 w.e I know what to do. See thats kind of the problem and it is actually very hard to convert songs. There are a couple of options. If you have songs imported from like CDs you bought, then select them and go "Convert song to mp3" Either a right click or its in the file menu. Option "B" is if you have bought songs from the iTunes music store. Then it is extremely difficult as they have started to crack down. You have to make a playlist and burn that playlist to a CD and re-import that CD--- and then follow the previous instructions. Importing should break that lock the itunes puts on purchased songs, but it sometimes wont work. Its very hard to do lol. I might not even be the best instructions giver. HAHA.
    Taxi, Thats the easies way to do it. Just go into Windows Media Player and put your songs on there and let Media Player convert them and then you can put them on your BB. Or you can "steal" them by downloading the songs off of LimeWire.

Click
    01-08-08 10:12 AM
    say what you will, but I have no problems being honest about it - nothing beats web browsing with the iphone touch screen - the BB is usable but a pain to browse with.

If Iphone ever gets wide support in Canada I'll be seriously thinking about switching.
    01-08-08 11:43 AM
    Taxi, Thats the easies way to do it. Just go into Windows Media Player and put your songs on there and let Media Player convert them and then you can put them on your BB. Or you can "steal" them by downloading the songs off of LimeWire.

Click
    Click... Glad to see you are back. Question... I have 1 song that I got from Itunes and I can't play. I tried your suggestion of using Windows Media Player but get the following errors. Any ideas?
    01-08-08 06:23 PM
    The iPhone seems a lot bigger too.
    01-08-08 08:36 PM
    Size was an issue when I chose the pearl. Also, that touch keyboard is beat

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-08 11:02 PM
    I had iPhone for two weeks before drop kicking it to the road then i ended up "Curve" stomping it 8300x LoL
    01-08-08 11:13 PM
    The iPhones not that big at all. It just looks all big and pumped up in the apple photos. In your hand it feels so thin, much smaller than my old Treo. But I would say. The Blackberry Curve is VERY small compared to the iPhone.
    01-18-08 05:10 AM
    Hello from a former iPhone user.
    This is my first post. I just bought my Pearl two days ago from Verizon and I am loving it.
    I added AT&T as a carrier when I was sucked into the iphone craze this past summer. I can tell you from experience, the iphone is not all that great. I had to heavily modify it to have some extra apps, that come standard on the BB. I found AT&T to be poor in my area (in NY, I am a verizon customer, though I hear ATT is fine elswhere). I held on to my verizon account and I am glad I did. After carrying two phones(ATT iphone and verizon krazr) I dumped the iphone. Yes, it has youtube. Yes it has touch screen. yes, the browser is better. BUT, edge is very slow, the email is very basic and cumbersome, no MMS, poor SMS, no memory upgrade, no copy/paste and a ton of other things. It is not very customizable unless you hack into it, which I did. But most people will not be bothered with that. You can get all the iphone hacks, right out of the box with BB and without the constant upgrade firmware problem.
    As I get to know the BB, I like it more and more.
    01-18-08 06:35 AM
    I would have to agree with you that the BB has far better apps than the iPhone... At the moment. You see, the iPhone is just a big screen with some great mechanics under. This means the updates are endless, not to mention free. The BB is very limited with its buttons, and small screens. That is my problem. And also the web browsing and media playing..... but still its a very good phone.
    01-18-08 03:56 PM
    I think the best thing is to check both to see which one YOU like. It is like some guys like Abercrombie, others do Banana Republic . Just depending on your taste. I must say, when I tried my friend's iPhone, my impression was "big and heavy." And I didn't like a feeling of my face pushing against the "big screen" when I called. I thought I could wait until Apple comes up with a smaller version sometime in the future. iPhone certainly has a "cool" factor, though.

The way I compromised was to get iPod Touch - after they added more applications to the device on January 15, it is almost "iPhone without phone". Great iPod. Wifi is amazing and I like its address book better than in BB (just touch address, it will take you to google map and show where it is located. Pretty cool). And I prefer listening to music in iPod - after all, it is a music player + wifi device to me.

But back to the basic, when it comes to the idea - it is a phone, text device and checking emails, there is no question - I like BB far better.
    01-18-08 05:46 PM
    Any sprint 8130 users , seems like all you guys are on the 8130 on verizon , I don't mean to hijack but is there a reason you guys went with verizon over the better data plan of the 8130 on sprint? I have heard of slow responses issues on the sprint pearl but didn't know if that was the phone or carrier?
    01-18-08 09:10 PM
    Any sprint 8130 users , seems like all you guys are on the 8130 on verizon , I don't mean to hijack but is there a reason you guys went with verizon over the better data plan of the 8130 on sprint? I have heard of slow responses issues on the sprint pearl but didn't know if that was the phone or carrier?
    Not that I decided to go with Verizon because they had 8130. I had good luck with them and no reason to switch to another carrier except when I considered getting iPhone at one point. I travel to quite remote places in WY and MT often and the best one is still Verizon. Sprint and T-Mobile (well, needless to say AT&T) were out....
    01-19-08 08:27 AM
    Look at this. I love my new iPhone. Its the BB I never had. Push email contacts and calender. Oh yeah. Also the app store works great. They really fixed a lot and listened to people with a lot of stuff.
    08-02-08 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD