Ever since upgrading to the most recent Verizon OS, I have had a weird problem when texing. It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes when I'm texting, my BB won't recognize that I'm putting a space in and it will actually erase the previous word I typed. Also, when typing a word like can't or won't that has an apostrophe, after typing the word when I hit the space bar it will erase the word I just typed. It seems to happen a lot with contractions. I know this sounds like a very random problem, but if there are any others that are experiencing it this may sound familiar.

Anyone have any suggestions? As I mentioned, this has only been happening since I updated the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-08 12:23 AM
    I upgraded and have had no such problem. The problem I have is it not recognizing a correct word and putting just a bunch of letters and then I have to scroll to find a real word. Try downgrading the OS then reloading it.

04-04-08 01:30 AM
    Try downgrading the OS then reloading it.

How do I go about doing this??
    04-04-08 10:30 AM
    I just ran into this problem while I was replying on this forum on my BB. I was trying to type "you're" and when I pressed the space bar, it deleted the word.

I was close to the right edge of the text box and I was typing "youre" on my SureType hoping that it would automatically change it to "you're". However, when it tried to automatically change it, the ' made it too long for that row and it had to kick down to the next line and I think this is where there is a glitch and it deletes the word. However, if you actually type y-o-u-'-r-e so that you're typing the ' as well, then this issue does not happen.
    04-04-08 11:45 AM
    Interesting. That's probably my problem then because I always let SureType put in the apostrophe for me. I guess you have to add it in yourself when close to the end of a line. Thanks for the info.
    04-04-08 01:32 PM
    I had the exact same problem with the same word...hence exact....haha... With US Cellular
    04-05-08 01:34 PM
    hm, i've never had that problem before, but i agree. maybe try re-installing it.
    04-06-08 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD