i have read the how to install SD card on my Blackberry Pearl.. watched the video, etc, I do have to take the battery out, but I do not have a little thing that says lock, unlock on it! Help! I have no clue where to put this card.

Half the time I cannot recieve video or pic messages..

I can never recieve a message w/ a smiley emoticon, etc.. it has some kinda code where the smiley should be??

Is there something wrong with my phone or am I just not doing something right???

TIA for any and all help.. gina
    05-10-09 04:24 PM
    On the 8130 the memory card goes in through the side of the phone. There is a little door that opens, and it goes in there. Unfortunately the BB will not receive the emoticons through text like other phones will.
    05-10-09 04:26 PM
    okay. I got it in.. thanks.. Is there anything else I need to do? sorry for asking so many ??? tia Gina
    05-10-09 04:35 PM
    options>memory card>(press blackberry button)> format memory card.

that'll format your card and you're good to go!

not sure why you can't receive picture messages.
    05-10-09 06:32 PM
    okay, good will do that

Actually, I have recieved a few, but others that were sent didn't make it, so as soon as I turned phone back on, a pic message my dil sent this a.m. came up instantly. thanks again
    05-10-09 06:52 PM
    hmmm i tried that & when I hit the blackberry button the only thing that came up was "Close"..
    05-10-09 10:46 PM
    hmmm i tried that & when I hit the blackberry button the only thing that came up was "Close"..
    Did you go to options>media card>menu>format card?
    05-10-09 10:52 PM
    okay, I got to format card and it says this..

Warning: Formatting the Media Card will destroy any data stored.. are they meaning on the card? because it's new..nothing on it..

Maybe eventually, I won't have to ask so many ?????? thanks.. Gina
    05-11-09 12:30 PM
    It does mean on the card, it's a warning that if you're putting an already used card in your BB formatting it will erase everything on it.

Since it's a new card you have it's not a problem. Let it format the card and you'll be able to use it to save pics, music etc.

Don't worry about having lots of questions, everyone here was a newbie at some point!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 04:47 PM
    Remember, you came here for answers. Carrier reps and customer service get it wrong, a lot. You want the straight dope? Try the Crack!
    05-11-09 05:40 PM

thanks for all your help, when I first got my blackberry I thought oh no what have I got in to??? even asked if I could return it & get something else, but the more I mess with it & then finally found you all.. I know when I get it all figured out I will love it.. just baby steppin thru it.. thanks again.. gina
    05-12-09 08:50 AM
    Love it?! You'll be downright obsessed in a few weeks

Glad to help, and even gladder you won't be returning your BB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD