A while ago I tried installing a few programs using the Desktop Manager and when I went to add them I got the msg saying there weren't any other programs to install. It did this for a while so I gave up. I tried a month later and it worked. Now I'm trying to install more themes and I'm getting the same error even though the file is listed in the file dialog box as a valid program to install. I click "open" and it gives me the error. I'm LOST! Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    04-20-08 12:39 AM
    Well since you don't say what the error is I can only guess...

Application Loader Error - BlackBerryFAQ
    04-20-08 12:55 AM
    Thanks for the reply. They were both downloaded at the same time and match. Unfortunately that isn't the problem.
    04-20-08 05:44 PM
    Well what is the error? It's hard to help you with the very little info you have given.
    04-20-08 05:50 PM
    I can not open any attachments on my VZW 8130. i was told to download desktop manager and then open Application Loader. This is where I am supossed to find some program so I can open applications. The only thing that I see in Application Loader are the programs that I already have. Can someone help me?
    04-20-08 07:58 PM
    the application loader is to do what it says, load applications on to the phone, not open things on the phone, you can only load/delete your current programs.
    04-20-08 07:59 PM
    Do you know where I can find a application then so I can open apps on my Bb?
    04-20-08 08:22 PM
    What are you trying to do? I don't understand what you mean by open apps on your BB.
    04-20-08 08:30 PM
    I am sorry; I meant open attachments in an email.
    04-20-08 08:32 PM
    So you want to open attachments on your phone from your computer? You would need to transfer the attachments from your phone to your computer.
    04-20-08 08:37 PM
    Other people on my job have the same phone and thet have an option on theirs to open attachments. This option is missing on my phones.
    04-20-08 08:40 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I just loaded the attachment application, but when I open an email with an attachment and click on "Options", I don't see the choice "Open Attachment" listed. I checked the list of applications and the program is listed.
    04-29-08 01:44 PM
    OK. I figured out my mistake. I tried to open attachments I received before I installed the attachment application. I sent my self an email with an attachment after I installed it, and it worked fine.
    04-30-08 08:35 AM
    this is exactly the same problem i have! I get the same error message.

I dont know what to do!

I have OS 4.3.0.81 on my phone

and I have version 4.3 as my desktop manager.

I go to the Alltel d/l area on Blackberry's website but you cant download another OS only the desktop software versions 4.3 and 4.1

Is the OS included in this download? Because its labled only as 'desktop software'?

I have installed those all the way through rebooted done everything i can think of, and i still get the same error message!

What am I doing wrong!???? PLEASE HELP!
    05-02-08 07:25 PM
    I too don't know what to do.

I have version 4.3.0.71 (sprint) on my phone.

I have version 4.3.0.15 on my computer

Obviously, they aren't the same version. Don't know where to find the same version for my computer.
    05-02-08 11:47 PM
    So I downloaded the phone OS to my computer. I think I did anyway. Followed link to the wiki page and found file (95MB) for my 8130 through sprint. installed it, etc.

alx files still wont load onto my phone. I'm stumped again. I did notice that there was an extra step involved when I chose to add applications. It first asks me for what port I want. I am choosing USB. Also, the application installer window shows more detail of what's on my phone. I was able to see other language files and so on. Couldn't before I installed this 'update'.

Any thoughts? Am I missing something? I placed a support request with handango.com I bought the software from them. According to their store, the software was supposed to work with my phone.
    05-05-08 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD