Hi,

I got my new pearl a week ago, but I still cannot seem to install applications on it. I should note that I am on Bell Mobility and I do not have a data plan. Anyway, I initially tried the software that came with it, but that did not work, Ive also downloaded 4.3 off the website, both multilang and english versions, and still no luck. Is it possible (probable) that Bell has them locked? or am I just crazy.

One other thing, I was wondering if the blackberry will store emails and stuff on the microSD if the system memory ever gets full.
    11-25-07 04:06 PM
    probably not, but where did you get the 4.3 software from? and do they have it out for the curve yet?
    11-25-07 04:36 PM
    the conclusion is that because the software is so new the other 3rd party apps has not had time to adapt to it yet. but i was able to download programs directly to my phone from the web. try it that way for now
    11-25-07 05:03 PM
    The OP has no data plan.

Are you getting a message that says there are no new applications for your device? If so, you need to install the OS package for your device along with Desktop Manager then that error will go away and you can install applications.
    11-25-07 05:48 PM
    Whats the OS package? I have the new pearl from Telus and my pearl is version 4.3 and same with my Desktop Manager.. so whats the OS package and where can I find it? Thanks.
    11-25-07 06:50 PM
    I've been looking for the OS package everywhere and I can't find it - I'm getting really frustrated - I heard that it isn't out yet...since the phone is new
    11-25-07 11:26 PM
    I'm with Bell Canada and also have the same problem as Murcielago. I have a one week old BB 8130 and downloaded the most recent Desktop Manager (August 2007 I believe) but still no joy with 3rd party installations.

It may well be that the 8130's software (or firmware) is too modern for current applications, but it would be good to be able to test this theory by having an up-to-date application that will install via Desktop Manager, i.e. a positive test. I have not been able to install any applications through the desktop manager either..,very frustrating.

Should I be able to install Java applications through the Desktop Manager? If yes, again this is strange because I can install Java applications via direct download to my phone (thus using my valuable data package!) but cannot install the application via Desktop Manager. This obviously works in the carrier's favour!

I too would like to know what the "OS package" is? It sounds lovely, technical and the logical solution, but what is it exactly? Where do I get it from? How do I install it? Why is there no mention of it from the providers?
    Last edited by Squink; 11-26-07 at 01:18 AM.
    11-26-07 01:13 AM
    ic ic. Well, hopefully something comes out soon. Does anyone know about the saving to the memory card? Also, is there any way to change the phonebook so that it doesnt bring up the last one you were viewing all the time? I find that very annoying for some reason.
    11-26-07 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD