I have a blackberry pearl and have had it for about a month now. A few days ago when receiving and incoming sms text a callback number with display. It goes Name of person sending then the date and time and then it shows a callback number. I want to remove the callback number because I already know who is sending the message. How do I do this? I tried every setting I could think of and have even had people remove the callback number from showing when they send from their phone, but it still shows. This is not just from one person either, it is from everyone and is rather annoying. It takes up half the screen before I can even see the sms text. Please help. I have searched this forum and others and have found no solution. Thanks
    07-03-08 11:41 AM
    Is this when the actual text is open, or on list view? And does the call back number have a plus infront of it? (IE +13105551212)
    07-03-08 11:47 AM
    it is when the text is opened and it does not have a plus in front of it. its looks like this
    Name of person (mobile)
    -------------------------------
    date time
    callback number: name (mobile)
    --------------------------------
    then the text is down here

I want to get rid of of the callback number because it takes up most of the screen and I cant figure out how to do it
    07-03-08 03:25 PM
    Hmmmmm... I don't know that I have heard of this problem. Try this.. It may work, it may not.

When you are at your inbox screen, try going to your Options>General options. Set your header settings to only 1 line instead of auto. See if maybe this doesn't help....? I could be totally wrong here. But I am trying.
    07-03-08 04:02 PM
    I have this same problem. Its irritating as can be. I have had several BlackBerrys and this is the first time I've seen it. My 8130 was fine until about 3 weeks ago, that's when I first noticed it. I think it might have something to do with the OS version, I have 4.3.0.127 on my Sprint 8130.
    07-08-08 08:44 PM
    That is a very good thought! It definitely may be the newer sprint os...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 08:47 PM
    I am having the same problem on my 8830 WE with Sprint. It takes half the screen before I can see the text! It drives me crazy! Anyone that can help with this SMS text display problem please do so! I am going to throw my BB in the lake!
    09-11-08 12:15 AM
    PLEASE!!!! Someone has to know how to fix this!
    02-17-09 10:16 PM
    I think this is simply a sprint and nextel issue. Sorry!

02-17-09 10:20 PM
    I don't think so, because I'm on Verizon . . .
    02-17-09 10:41 PM
    Hit the 9 key.. Its page down.... If you can't get it fixed.

02-18-09 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD