Bold, Thunder, Kickstart, Curve. They are all bigger and heavier, with negligible functionality gain.
    07-23-08 02:49 PM
    That statement is ridiculous... negligible functionality gain?!
    07-23-08 02:53 PM
    Bold, Thunder, Kickstart, Curve. They are all bigger and heavier, with negligible functionality gain.

Who allowed you to post? j/p

Most people around here will tell you that all these devices are right up there with the golden arches. Since I just got the Curve and the Pearl hasnt even started collecting dust yet, I'm not in a hurry for anything else- nothing to do with "negligible functionality gain." And besides, the Bold is supposed to be all that- so what negligible functionality are you referring too?
    07-23-08 02:54 PM
    I ditched the Pearl 2 weeks after I bought it. Bigger screen and full qwerty is a huuugggggeee plus on the Curve!

But the Pearl is still a nice device
    07-23-08 02:55 PM
    Uhh. According to whom???????
    07-23-08 02:57 PM
    I agree, one of the big selling points for me on the Pearl was that it was comparable in size and shape to most other non-smart phones -- but it had all the functionality of other BBs.

I think the main appeal of the new models is the coolness factor. I definitely don't think they offer enough new features to justify swapping my 2-month-old 8130 for any of them -- though I will say that if they happened to be on the market back when I was phone shopping, I'd definitely have given them a close look...
    07-23-08 02:57 PM

Who allowed you to post? j/p

Most people around here will tell you that all these devices are right up there with the golden arches. Since I just got the Curve and the Pearl hasnt even started collecting dust yet, I'm not in a hurry for anything else- nothing to do with "negligible functionality gain." And besides, the Bold is supposed to be all that- so what negligible functionality are you referring too?
    What can you do on a Bold that you can't already do on a Pearl?
    07-23-08 02:58 PM
    Sigh.

Please research the Bold, then come back and talk to us. Thanks.
    07-23-08 02:59 PM
    Uhh. According to whom???????
    It looks like pretty much all form factor type stuff to me. I don't see much I can't do on a Pearl already.
    07-23-08 03:00 PM
    *****M*O*R*E*****
    07-23-08 03:00 PM
    the thunder looks gaaaaaaaaaaangsta as h3ll.

im not gonna run out and get one now cuz i *just* got my pearl, but if its time to get a new phone id get one.
    07-23-08 03:01 PM
    It looks like pretty much all form factor type stuff to me. I don't see much I can't do on a Pearl already.
    That is great

If you want to be ignorant and close your eyes to the advantages of the next-gen Berries... go ahead. We are just trying to get the point across that they do add functionality and features!!

I, for one, will stick with my Curve for a while after the new devices are released... because I will still be satisfied, yet jealous!

But, the Bold, Javelin and KickStart all have different features and selling points... and I bet you can't touch your Pearl screen and control the device *cough* Thunder *cough*
    07-23-08 03:03 PM
    Like I said. Do your research, then come back, and we'll have a nice chat.

Besides, if you wanna stick with your Pearl, that's your business. Ain't no one mad at ya.

I'm just saying... Don't come up in here and try to say that the Bold won't do anything outside what the pearl is capable of.
    07-23-08 03:06 PM
    I'm just waiting for one person to list one functionality addition...I understand preferences for keyboards and touchscreens type of stuff.
    07-23-08 03:06 PM
    I'm just waiting for one person to list one functionality addition...I understand preferences for keyboards and touchscreens type of stuff.
    I think the reason that no one has is due to the fact that these forums are bursting at the seams with info about everything the Bold can do. This is the third time I will say it: RESEARCH. Do a search for the Bold and its new OS. We aren't here to present information to you on a silver platter.....
    07-23-08 03:10 PM
    Here are just a few of many:

1. First BB that is 3G! yes 3G
    2. Pearl 64 MB BOLD 128MB and 1 GB onboard for media
    3. Much better browser
    4. 4.6 OS
    5. Up to 32 GB memory card

I could go on and on but I will stop there
    Last edited by Garz; 07-23-08 at 03:17 PM.
    07-23-08 03:14 PM
    Rocky..... check your profile..... you have a curve??
    07-23-08 03:15 PM
    Here are just a few of many:

1. First BB that is 3G! yes 3G
    2. Pearl 64 MB BOLD 128MB and 1 GB onboard for media
    3. Much better browser
    4. 4.6 OS
    5. Up to 32 GB memory card

I could go on and on but I will stop there
    Exactly!!

Rocky..... check your profile..... you have a curve??
    ROFL... I saw the same thing at the beginning of this whole thing... and decided to let it slide
    07-23-08 03:25 PM
    Oh forgot to add: The first BB that has wi-fi, GPS, 3G, and camera all in one. The Pearl just can't compare with the BOLD.
    07-23-08 03:27 PM
    If any of these new versions are any smaller or as small as my Pearl 8120, then I'd definitely consider them. I love that the Pearl is so compact. Yes, it doesn't have the full keyboard of the Curve, etc., but I can live with the suretype inconveniences and other feature shortcomings because I value the compact size over the other stuff. I never even considered getting an iPhone because after I saw one in person, for someone who likes to slip them in my pants pocket, it just seemed too darn big.
    07-23-08 03:32 PM
    2 words....... FULL KEYBOARD
    07-23-08 04:02 PM
    OK, so the functionality boost is adding GPS to my 8120 (although TeleNav gets me awfully close to this already). Other stuff relates to speed and memory, in my view.
    07-23-08 04:04 PM
    2 words....... FULL KEYBOARD
    Lol.. Which several other RIM devices already have..
    07-23-08 04:14 PM
    Don't really like the Kickstart... Quite ugly but I guess it's just my very own opinion...

The thunderstorm? Looks really nice, but really besides a bigger screen what's the point getting rid of those -fabulous- keyboard we all like so much? But it might be good for some of us... but better than the iPhone? Mmm...

For the rest, it's all in my signature...
    Hum le Bold... Yummy...
    07-23-08 04:26 PM
    Oh forgot to add: The first BB that has wi-fi, GPS, 3G, and camera all in one. The Pearl just can't compare with the BOLD.
    I just came from a Sprint 6800 Moguly that had wi-fi, camera and whatever. I'm on day 2 with my Pearl and I can tell you that is half as thick, weighs 1/3 and while the screen is smaller, certainly does what I need. I wish I had gotten one sooner.
    07-23-08 04:48 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD