Hello folks,
    I recently purchased a Pearl 8130 off ebay and upgraded to a data plan. Of course the ebayer said it was mint which it wasn't. In his defense he did send me a new housing and now it looks new!! Anyway, a couple of my coworkers have Curve 8330's and I want one. Is my only option to buy one from fleabay or pay full retail from alltel? Do you folks know of another source? I love the pearl but I like the bigger screen of the curve. Anyway, this is a great site and thanks in advance!! Doug Forgot to add, I have like 6 or 7 months left on my contract. Maybe you can talk me out of this by saying the pearl is a better device. haha.
    Last edited by dtsoll; 12-16-08 at 05:38 PM. Reason: forgot to add
    12-16-08 05:33 PM
    I have had my 8130 for almost a year now. It has served me faithfully and gotten my fully addicted to crackberies. But, I am tiring of the SureType, as well as its slow speed of things. I can usually ttp faster than it can keep up, especially when I have to access the special characters menu. I love the size the the Pearl, which was the main reason I bought it originally, but now I long for a full qwerty.

I feel your pain, though for a different reason. I never thought about getting a Curve off eBay. I'll have to see how much they're going for. If its cheap, I just might be able to talk my wife into it, lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 05:39 PM
    Hey Zak, they are not cheap, 300 ish. Some say new in box but.......... i don't think so, prolly new refurbs in a box. Doug
    12-16-08 05:46 PM
    Go check on Craig's List, there are quite a few around here at least. There is also nothing wrong with buying factory refurbs, but be careful of non factory refurbs. I am in the same boat as you, wanting a curve after the pearl got me addicted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 08:18 PM
    Hey Zak, they are not cheap, 300 ish. Some say new in box but.......... i don't think so, prolly new refurbs in a box. Doug
    Damn, thats prolly too much for me. Oh well, i'll just stick with my Pearl for the time being, its still serving me faithfully!
    12-17-08 12:34 PM
    I've said this before, and I'll say it again- me personally, I wouldn't want a Curve. Yes, the larger screen size is nicer, but a larger screen also means a larger phone (I love the small size of the Pearl), and I can actually type faster on my Pearl with suretype than I can on my full qwerty keyboard on my work issued 8700 Blackberry.

Besides, to me, the full blown keyboard on a phone device makes it look kinda nerdy to me...like it belongs in a pocket protector or belong to guys who wear those Casio calculator style watches. LOL.

Finally, I don't like the way they offset the phone dialing numbers to the left portion of the Qwerty keyboard, making the phone look like it is a computer device first, and phone as an afterthought. Keep your Pearl!
    Last edited by dknyberry; 12-17-08 at 12:57 PM.
    12-17-08 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD