Hey all,

I am not sure if my Pearl is broken, it seems that it will not wirelessly reconcile my messages from my BES and gmail. Yahoo works great. I have to hit "reconcile now" to make it sync up with deleted messages and filed ones. I'm on a BES and wireless reconcile turned ON. My admin has no clue either!

Its also not updating address book contacts say when I delete a contact from my PC, it used to push right over to my old 8830.

Do I have a defective pearl? Do I have to exchange it? Or is this normal?

HELP!
    11-13-07 02:35 PM
    if i delete or read a gmail message on my phone, it still shows up as unread in my gmail inbox..
    11-13-07 03:00 PM
    ok, so maybe I'm normal. My BES messages don't sync tho on read/unread status. They used to on my Tmobile pearl. I think it's a verzion thing.
    11-13-07 04:33 PM
    You may want to get your BES Admin to remove you from the BES and re add you. Also wipe your BB and after it reboots go through Enterprise Activation.
    11-13-07 05:04 PM
    With Gmail, even if you read your messages on your BlackBerry, it will stay Unread when you access it on your computer. Unlike Yahoo, which automatically reconciles.
    11-13-07 05:35 PM
    Wow, that blows. I thought gmail did reconcile

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-07 08:05 PM
    With Gmail, even if you read your messages on your BlackBerry, it will stay Unread when you access it on your computer. Unlike Yahoo, which automatically reconciles.
    Is there a known work-around?
    11-13-07 08:10 PM
    I'm using the vzw.blackberry.com to access my gmail without Gmail's viewer and it reconciles perfectly, so it is a BES issue.

My brother in law had the same issues with a Curve on AT&T when using BES with his gmail and other email accounts. Even his corporate email would not always reconcile correctly. He's the VP of IT for his company too and still couldn't get it resolved.
    11-13-07 10:36 PM
    So I'm having the same problem with my hotmail account. I checked and it had not been Activated through Enterprise Activation, so I'm trying to do do that. How long does it take to activate it. Also how does one check if they are using BES or BIS? would the Verizon store be able to help sort it out?
    02-12-10 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD