So my trackball is broken and needs to be replaced. I know that they're available on the Internet, but I wanted a quicker and more reliable option. So I went to the alltel store to ask them if they sell them, and they told me that since I got it last August it was still under the one year warranty and I could just get a replacement phone. Well, I being environmentally aware think replacing the entire phone when all that's broken is the trackball is a waste of resources. Also, I don't want to have to deal with a new pin and re-installing all my apps. When I mentioned buying a new trackball off the net they said that would void my warranty, which expires next month anyways. So what should I do, get a free new BB with all the hassles and eco guilt involved, or just buy a new trackball and get it over with? Also if I do go with the new trackball, where's the most reliable place to get one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 08:57 AM
    Take the new berry. They will most likely referbish it anyway so you dont have to worry about the environment.
    07-16-09 09:27 AM
    Call your local VZW store. I don't know if they will have them but I know my store just got a shipment of trackballs to be used as replacements. Maybe they will hook you up.
    07-16-09 09:34 AM
    If you decide to go with a new trackball, order it from the crackberry store. I did it for my old pearl and it took 4 days to come.
    Btw, howd you break the trackball?
    07-16-09 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD