im trying to put music in my phone straight from a cd.. media manager feature in the desktop manager doesnt work for some reason ive uninstalled it and reinstalled it numerous times but the roxio program to it doesnt want to cooperate and i have also tried updating that program..i used a different program to get the music onto the phone but now when i go to open it it listen to it.. it doesnt play .. nothing happens.. and when i put it on the media card and error message comes it saying that the file could not be opened.. what do i do to fix this.. please help
    03-18-08 11:22 AM
    im trying to put music in my phone straight from a cd.. media manager feature in the desktop manager doesnt work for some reason ive uninstalled it and reinstalled it numerous times but the roxio program to it doesnt want to cooperate and i have also tried updating that program..i used a different program to get the music onto the phone but now when i go to open it it listen to it.. it doesnt play .. nothing happens.. and when i put it on the media card and error message comes it saying that the file could not be opened.. what do i do to fix this.. please help
    Download a program that can rip songs from CDs.
    This will convert your CDs into MP3s.
    Then you can transfer the MP3s to your phone's SD CARD by way of the "Roxio Media Manager"
    OR
    Transfer the MP3s to your SD CARD by enabling MASS STORAGE MODE on your phone under the "OPTIONS" ---> "MEDIA CARD" menu.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention that you will need an SD CARD for your phone. Without it, you won't be able to play music on your phone.

Dm
    Last edited by Detman101; 03-18-08 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Forgot to tell OP that they need an SD CARD or they're SOL...
    03-18-08 03:49 PM
    I download from I-Tunes and then use a program called Protected Music Converter. Most songs on CD's are now protected as well. Protected Music Converter has worked well. I then drag the files over to my media card. You don't even have to use Roxio as your media card shows up as another drive.
    03-18-08 09:16 PM
    ht eproblem im having though is that roxio wont work when i open it errors come up and ive reinstalled it like 5 times .. is there no other program to use to put it on my phone?
    03-19-08 12:49 PM
    I usually just rip the CD using media player, or Rhapsody - then drag and drop the files to the BB.
    03-19-08 01:13 PM
    ht eproblem im having though is that roxio wont work when i open it errors come up and ive reinstalled it like 5 times .. is there no other program to use to put it on my phone?
    Hmmm....

1. Roxio sucks. Use Ashampoo or something...anything..else.
    2. Do you have an SD card? If not, you can't use music on your phone anyway.

Dm
    03-19-08 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD