i have my boyfriend's PIN saved in my phone book and he has mine in his. both of have tried to add one another to the blackberry messenger list, and its been stuck in pending mode for at least a week now. he just got a new blackberry, when he had his old one the messenger worked fine. please tell me what i'm doing wrong!
    02-06-08 08:46 PM
    did you get that "pending" message figured out? Do you have to have the full internet to get it to work? I just have the $5.99/month internet..T-zones
    02-06-08 09:04 PM
    Try sending the BB service books to each device, delete the current request and try again.
    02-06-08 09:17 PM
    i have the full internet on mine but my boyfriend is too cheap for it lol
    02-06-08 10:22 PM
    BB service books?
    i've deleted the requests and re-requested many times
    02-06-08 10:45 PM
    Delete the request and resend the request to add your friend.
    02-06-08 11:27 PM
    i have the full internet on mine but my boyfriend is too cheap for it lol
    I say dump him!

But really, try deleting the requests, reset the phones (battery pull)
    then resending. But only try one way. In other words, don't both of you try at the same time.
    02-07-08 04:24 AM
    I am also having this same problem witih several people.
    Is the blackberry messenger through email or PIN? I have one person that I chat with on messenger. I have her PIN number, but she doesn't have mine and we chat all the time.
    Other people just sit in pending. but after I added them, in my sent folder on my work email (microsoft exchange) I see an invitation emailed to them?

HELP?
    02-07-08 09:18 AM
    I personally believe that both need full access to the internet. My friend had the same, issue, in fact, she is still in pending on my Pearl since she does not have full access to the internet. I do and I have no problem with all the other users that have access to the internet.
    02-10-08 03:29 PM
    If you have just phone service and no data service, your BB is not on the any type of BB server, hence the BB messanger not working.
    02-12-08 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD