I have had a BB Pearl 8130 for at least 8 months and i am already on the 2nd one already and still have the issue of the following.

1. I still show missed calls and nothing is listed.
    2. I was told to take the battery out once a day to reset it

I have been told others have the same issues and i have had others tell love it.. Am i the only one that feels this way.

I have graduated to a BB curve 8330 so im hoping i have a much better experience!!!!
    11-06-08 09:02 PM

2. I was told to take the battery out once a day to reset it
    )
    Who feed you that BS? It's all memory related. Have a look at this....http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    11-06-08 09:09 PM
    ^ Exactly!!

And perhaps your memory is full in your BB. If you're trying to just run off the internal memory, you won't get much out of it. You'll have better luck if you just bought a memory card instead of a whole new phone. It's best to be educated about it instead of giving up and starting fresh because you'll come across similar issues with the curve and pull your hair out, lol.... Just get yourself a memory card! And whoever told you to do a batter pull EVERYDAY is clearly a moron.
    11-07-08 08:55 AM
    Who feed you that BS? It's all memory related. Have a look at this....http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    Agreed. Why would anyone tell you to pull your battery every day?
    11-07-08 08:59 AM
    ^ Maybe they bought it at an indirect dealer. I've heard some wacko stories from the indirect dealers. LOL... Like,

"Did you know the Motorola RAZR is made out of TITANIUM?! And is COMPLETELY waterproof???"

Whaaa??? LOL
    11-07-08 09:05 AM
    You have a lack of memory problem. There are fixes. Go to Options, Status and note the File Free number. Its in bytes so divide by 1 million to get Mb. You need about 12Mb for good daily running or the BlackBerry will start deleting stuff just to keep itself running. 5.5Mb is an absolute minimum.

Note the File Free number for comparison later.
    Remove the battery for 30 secs or so and put it back. Once the re-boot is complete, check the file free number again.

Go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications and scroll down to the BlackBerry Sample Video. Press Menu and select Delete. You just got 2Mb memory back. Again check the File Free number. It should be getting bigger.

Thee's lots more that can be done. Your phone is somewhat memory challenged but it can be setup to work just fine and to withstand a fair amount of abuse. A weekly battery pull should both suffice and be regarded as a safe maximum. However you need to get onto the habot of watching the File Free number. On a BlackBerry this number is life or death.
    11-07-08 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD