Hey everybody,
    I'm getting a Pearl 8130 for Christmas, and Verizon is my service provider. I know my parents got me the messaging features, along with a voice plan and all, but i'm not sure if they got me the e-mail plan or data plan. I'm pretty sure they got me the data plan though, since I believe thats the one that allows you to use the internet. My question is, what do you need in order to use VZnavigator and/or Googlemaps? Like, would I be able to use either/or without a data plan or e-mail plan. I really don't know anything about Blackberry's at all so thank you all for bearing with me. Also, do any of the iBerry themes work well for the 8130? I know that the themes for the 8100 are supposed to work for the 8130, but i've been reading that a lot of them don't work well. Finally, what do I need to use AIM messaging? I heard of something called Jivetalk, but where do I get it and what does it cost? Thanks a lot for everyone who read and thanks in advance for answers!
    12-22-07 03:04 PM
    k - so verizon used to have one plan [pretty much, a $40 and a $20/$25] but they just came out w/ a $30 one - which is what you want assuming you're not using this for an actual business. Just ask - or peek at the bill to see what it is per month and that should answer that.

VZnavigator [which IMO i love, been using it since i had it on my enV] you need ot call 611 and add it to your phone acct - it's $10 a month. Then DL it onto your phone [easy]

I had a few iberry themes on mine - but i found something I like better but anyways - yeah they work. [Atleast the ones I DLed, obv.]

Anddd for AIM - jivetalk is really good [like a one time $30 payment] but there's a trial you can DL first. And there's Ramble - but I haven't had any luck w/ that.

And I think that's it, congrats!
    12-22-07 03:09 PM
    Finally, what do I need to use AIM messaging? I heard of something called Jivetalk, but where do I get it and what does it cost? !
    On your browser go to blackberry.com/aim

No need to download those other apps if all you want is AIM!
    12-25-07 01:43 AM
    Finally, what do I need to use AIM messaging? I heard of something called Jivetalk, but where do I get it and what does it cost?
    AIM is not yet available for the VZW 8130. Rumor has it that it will be available on or shortly after the 26th.
    12-25-07 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD