I am currently using a gmail and outlook account on my pearl 8110. All messages also get pushed into my SMS message folder, and if I delete the message from there, it also deletes on my email folder and vice versa. Is there a setting I am missing to turn this "feature" off? Thanks
    06-28-08 11:46 AM
    06-28-08 12:01 PM
    Messages sent from me are not showing up in the SMS folder - the messages I recieve are being pushed there. Thanks for the link Jeff - any ideas on this or might it be the same procedure as mentioned in the post?
    06-28-08 12:16 PM
    Sorry I misread your post...in Messages/Options/General Options/SMS and Email Inboxes you have three choices, "Theme Controlled," "Combined," and "Separate." Regardless of this setting, all messages go to the messages folder, but you can control whether you have a separate SMS folder.
    06-28-08 12:23 PM
    Thanks for all the info Jeff - much appreciated!

On a side note, when updating my BIS settings for gmail and outlook, I now have two listings for each address in my service book (CMIME and CICAL). Do I need both?
    06-28-08 12:28 PM
    Also, what might the difference be?
    06-28-08 12:29 PM
    [CICAL] Contains information required for BlackBerry wireless calendar operations

[CMIME] Contains information required to send messages and perform functions such as wireless email reconciliation

You probably only need one instance of each, since I believe you can only sync to one calendar. However, I don't think having them both on your device will hurt anything. I am getting out of my experience base here, so I could be mistaken.
    06-28-08 01:01 PM
    Thank you sir
    06-28-08 02:17 PM
    Hi, i've tried turning mine to seperate, but i'm still getting the emails in my email folder, messages folder and sms/mms folder. Any ideas?
    06-29-08 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD