This seems like a stupid question, but I see that I can enable or disable my password. I would love to enable a password, but how do I SET the password? I'm afraid to set it to enable without having set a password! Thanks!
    02-04-08 05:32 PM
    Anyone ? I know you mods have the answer here.

I've got the same question...

thanks
    02-05-08 06:24 PM
    Menu -> Options -> Security -> General Settings-> Change the password option to Enable, And once you hit SAVE it'll prompt you to add a new password.
    02-05-08 07:03 PM
    ooooh thank you c/l
    02-05-08 09:45 PM
    Ahh, ok! Thank you Cindy! I was so worried that I'd enable the password and then not know what the password was. Thanks again!
    02-06-08 05:25 AM
    Ahh, ok! Thank you Cindy! I was so worried that I'd enable the password and then not know what the password was. Thanks again!
    Just be sure you don't forget it! From what I understand there is no way to retrieve it. You would need to wipe the phone clean, reinstall the OS, and start from scratch.

And this should be a weekly chore: Back-up your phone's data using the desktop manager.
    02-06-08 05:54 AM
    Here, here Member No.1
    02-06-08 06:36 AM
    You are very welcome. Also remember to do a back up just in case you forget it, like Member No 1 said there is no way to retrieve it.
    02-06-08 03:01 PM
    hey ive done that but is there a way to make it so you need to type in a password to view the messages?
    01-28-09 12:02 AM
    nope i don't think so, it's just the password to get in if the phone is locked...
    01-28-09 12:47 AM
    Menu -> Options -> Security -> General Settings-> Change the password option to Enable, And once you hit SAVE it'll prompt you to add a new password.
    Thx! ive been wondering this too-i was also afraid to "enable" security cuz i never set a p/w for it! now i know it prompts you AFTER u set the "enable" for security option - lets hope i dont 4get this one like i did w/my p/w keeper - had to delete the whole prog so it didnt wipe my bb! that suk'd.
    01-28-09 08:15 PM
    Um...can this be done on the phone itself? I don't see a menu option....oop, found it. Okay. Done.

thanks so much.
    08-16-09 05:03 PM
    Hey Guisssse.. How can i change my settings to where after every time i LOCK my phone in order to access it after unlocking it i have to enter password???

Can you pro's help? thank you
    10-30-10 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD