Guys! i GOT AN ANSWER FOR YOU

Here is how you access the old "stand by feature" at least on Tour 9630, top of the phone has two buttons the left one is "lock" the "right" one is "mute/stand-by" took me a while to figure it out but it works! once you hold top right button it goes to stand by, there is no way to accidental dial 911, to un-standby you press the same button. Hope this helps!

Sebas
    03-04-10 05:23 PM
    I always pressed the mute button on my pearl before stuffing it into my pocket... or I would on days I didn't use a holster. I never had problems pocket dialing 911 or anyone else. I do prefer a holster though, cuz chances are good I'll get an important call if its in my pocket but I'm sitting, driving, or somewhere else where I can't quite reach it. Its easier to grab if its in a holster...`
    03-04-10 07:11 PM
    I just reassigned a side button to lock the keypad. When keypad is locked there is no emergency call option. You get the emergency call thing when you do the device lock by holding the * key.
    03-06-10 11:38 AM
    I use the side button as lock as well, but emergency is still on the menu and I call emergency a lot lately. Actually since I had to start wearing different shorts as I can't find any with a good phone pocket I have called at least twice a day. I think they will tire of me, but they explained to me that more than half of their calls were from poor phone designs like this.....
    04-18-10 11:02 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD