I need to know how to remove default ringtones, because I dont use them at all and they're just wasting memory. I've tried MaxMem, doesn't seem to work.
    05-21-09 05:36 PM
    That's a good question. I want to get rid of the default ones on mine too. I have my own ringtones and the ones provided on the phone are in the way and a waste of space.
    05-27-09 02:31 PM
    you need to remove this file, dont delete it,. put it in another folder. net_rim_bb_medialoader_qualcomm click on windows explorer, then program files, then common files, then research in motion,then shared, then loader files,click on the os you have, click on the java folder and remove that file. then in blackberry desktop manager click on add/remove apps then click on blackberry core apps then click next ,it will tell you its going to remove that file, click finish. it will reboot your phone without the ringtones on it.be sure to have you phone connected.
    06-04-09 07:31 AM
    after removing that file i found i could not tell when i was getting a call or a text so iwent back to the way it was hope you have better luck
    06-04-09 10:10 PM
    When you got rid of the default did you put your own ringtones in? Or did it not use any ringtones for incoming calls or texts?
    06-05-09 09:33 AM
    the only problem i had was no vibrate.when i got messages i couldnt tell. i could use my ringtone on my memory card but it wasnt working the way i hoped,, so i reloaded the file and now live with it. hopefully it works better for you. when i set the ringtone for my alarm i had vibrate too. its like your factory themes if you get rid of them and use a downloaded one it needs that file to read that style of theme, zen theme etc. it may be the same for ringtones. you need that file for custom ring tones to work right.
    Last edited by roscoe666; 06-18-09 at 11:06 PM.
    06-18-09 10:55 PM
    doesnt everybody hate default ringtones...they r always so wack bt they will nva let u delete em.lmao!!!
    06-20-09 04:04 PM
    you need to remove this file, dont delete it,. put it in another folder. net_rim_bb_medialoader_qualcomm click on windows explorer, then program files, then common files, then research in motion,then shared, then loader files,click on the os you have, click on the java folder and remove that file. then in blackberry desktop manager click on add/remove apps then click on blackberry core apps then click next ,it will tell you its going to remove that file, click finish. it will reboot your phone without the ringtones on it.be sure to have you phone connected.
    I am not seeing the Shared folder. I have reinstalled my OS on this 8220 and I have the RIM folder but no Shared in it...ideas?
    11-01-09 07:16 PM
    I really think removing them is a bad idea, and the file size is tiny, but if your having trouble finding your shared folder, do a search for either your installed OS name, or a Java folder.

I hear tell you�re doin� well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 10:46 PM
    thanks to the above, gotter done! Now looking for a way to play random ringtones! Thanks!
    11-03-09 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD