Im thinking of getting my wife a pearl but im weary of the predictive text sure type keypad. How exactly does it work?

She is using a LG Rumor now so would it be hard for her to get used to?
    12-02-08 08:10 PM
    SureType is a great tool. It shouldn't take her long to get used to it all. The key is to not yet to let what you see popping up throw you. She would just press the key that contains the letter that she wants and it will figure out what word she wants to type. Common words that she uses will be automatically added to her SureType options. She won't even have to spell out full words because the text is so predictive. For example I only have to press the key containing bec and the word because was entered. If she misskeys a letter she just has to delete the key and retype it. I think most pearl users like SureType but some don't. She can always switch to multitap if she doesn't like it but I'd definitely tell her to give it a chance. She should definitely check out the tips and tricks for the BB so she can utilize her BB the best.

I have an 8130 and love it. I hope you found this a little helpful.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 09:43 PM
    I've had my pearl for 2 weeks and suretype had me tripping all over the place at first. But it doesn't take long to get used to it and kentcy said it's nice that you only need to type a few letters of a word before it pops up and you can pick it and move onto the next word
    12-02-08 11:31 PM
    Thanks for your help. I think I will order her one today!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 05:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD