I'm sure I'm the only one who doesn't want it but at the moment I just want to add to my address book and I really hate the typing feature right now. I just want to use the multi tap and once I learn how to use this thing, I'll go back and figure out the smart type thingy that I hate, or that hates me.

How to I switch this? it says to go to language but? I don't see an option to text type.

I've only had it for a few hours and I'm hoping it gets easier.

Tyvm!!
    06-11-08 08:05 AM
    its there. you have to scroll through them. otherwise go to input options and uncheck predictive input.
    06-11-08 08:35 AM
    and it does get easier. you have to build up your database for words. it knows many but it will figure out what you put in as you go along, even the four letter variety.
    06-11-08 08:37 AM
    Got it!!! thanks very much!!
    06-11-08 11:20 AM
    I can not for the life of me turn of my friends auto text. I turned off predictive text in the language menu. Turned off auto text and I still cannot get it to the style of typing where you press a key twice to select the second letter. Apparently it worked this way from the day she got it until yesterday. She's had it for a couple of weeks, this is really annoying. You don't need auto text with a keyboard like this.
    07-04-08 12:45 PM
    Are you talking about Sure Type? The only way I have found to turn it off is to open a new email then click the menu button and scroll to enable multitap. Hope this helps.
    Is there a better/easier way?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-08 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD