I have a Pearl 8130

I'm asking because I want to order a 8GB MicroSDHC memory stick

Here is the compatibility for the memory, scroll to the bottom, it say first gen and next gen.

http://www.super3cshopping.com/downl...3cShopping.pdf

TY
    05-07-08 10:12 PM
    When did you get your Pearl, and what is the OS you're running on it?
    05-07-08 11:02 PM
    I have a Pearl 8130

Here is the compatibility for the memory, scroll to the bottom, it say first gen and next gen.

TY
    Sprint's BB 8130 supports 8GB MicroSDHC memory card- I have one (8130 & card)
    05-07-08 11:16 PM
    Unless you are a heavy music listener, have a gazillion pics and seeing the BB will not hold apps on a memory card, what would be the reason for an 8GB card? Just curious. I have a 1GB card and can't seem to get close to filling it.
    05-08-08 07:06 AM
    Unless you are a heavy music listener, have a gazillion pics and seeing the BB will not hold apps on a memory card, what would be the reason for an 8GB card? Just curious. I have a 1GB card and can't seem to get close to filling it.
    i fill my 2GB pretty quick with video and music, so i can see the desire to use a 8GB. i wouldn't have to rotate files around so often.
    05-08-08 07:31 AM
    An 8 Gig card allows you to store videos, TV shows to your BB to watch later also. 1 Gig would be used up in a flash. I'm hoping the updated OS for the 1st gen Pearl fixes the compatibilty issue!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-08 07:51 AM
    Videos, mp3s, pictures, I can get a SanDisk 8GB MicroSDHC for $50! But I'm sure the videos will take up the most room.
    05-08-08 09:06 AM
    Any answer to the question? ( new user who is curious to know )
    05-08-08 12:58 PM
    I'm guessing this is another one of those questions that no one knows the answer...

I really would like to know, because I would hate to buy the 8GB and it wont recognize it.
    05-08-08 02:33 PM
    The card WILL work!

05-08-08 04:32 PM
    I'm guessing this is another one of those questions that no one knows the answer...

I really would like to know, because I would hate to buy the 8GB and it wont recognize it.
    Here's a little explaining the difference between 1st & 2nd gen.

If you just got your BB 8130 (Sprint) you have the Pearl 2. I have the red one. Just got it about a week ago and the 8130 recognizes the 8GB card just fine. At this point, dont know what else to tell you.

I have a Pearl 8130

TY
    Based on your join date (forum) and Carrier (Sprint) I did say that the 8GB card would work in your 8130. I dont know if Sprint ever had a 1st gen Pearl, but I know for a fact that if you got it in March or soon after, you have a 2nd gen.
    Last edited by ScandaLeX; 05-08-08 at 06:55 PM.
    05-08-08 06:49 PM
    No, Sprint never had the 1st gen Pearl, only the Pearl 2 was made for CDMA and EVDO.

05-08-08 07:27 PM
    No, Sprint never had the 1st gen Pearl, only the Pearl 2 was made for CDMA and EVDO.

Thanks Slvr. I wasnt completely sure about 1st gen. I did know that 2nd was for CDMA; but to n00bs like myself, calling it a 2nd gen does make one wonder what happened to the 1st one.
    05-08-08 07:38 PM
    The card WILL work!

OK OK

Well Thank you all, I'll go ahead and get that 8gb microsdhc, and again thank you!
    05-08-08 09:52 PM
    V2 for me! w00t! thx everybody
    05-11-08 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD