When I send mail to someone, it just says [email protected], for example, instead of John Smith. This seems like a pretty basic setting, but I don't see where to change it.

Thanks
    02-12-08 03:21 PM
    When I send mail to someone, it just says [email protected], for example, instead of John Smith. This seems like a pretty basic setting, but I don't see where to change it.

Thanks
    I believe that it has to do with the setup of the e-mail account because I do not have that problem. When you setup your email you enter the name that others will see when they receive email from you, my guess is that you did not do this. Try accessing your email options and see if you can make the change. Hope this helps!
    02-12-08 03:51 PM
    From your BlackBerry, go to 'Setup Internet Email', and edit the said account from there...

Or, from a PC, go to your carriers BIS website, and edit from there...
    02-12-08 04:36 PM
    To get to the BIS website follow the sticky in the FAQ section.
    This is a helpful sticky and an important thing to do...
    02-12-08 05:15 PM
    So, here's a related question:

How do I change the default outgoing email address?

For example, I have 2 email addresses set up�[email protected] and [email protected].
    Doe is alphabetically first in the list on my carrier's BIS site, but I want all outgoing emails to show they are from the John address.

Any suggestions? I can't seem to find this anywhere. I can change the display NAME on the BIS site, but not where it says it comes from.
    02-12-08 05:32 PM
    From your BlackBerry, go to 'Setup Internet Email', and edit the said account from there...

Or, from a PC, go to your carriers BIS website, and edit from there...
    I got the display name to change. Thanks. Not intuitive at all. It had to launch a web browser, and then I had to change the settings from within there. So, I got the display name to change and I'm happy about that, but the signature is still a problem. It shows the signature area where you can supposedly change it, but all it has is a question mark. When I click on that, I get some sort of error message and then it can't pull up the page. Weird. I wonder if this is BlackBerry wanting desperately to hold on to any free advertising they can get by making it difficult to remove their ad from the bottom of every email you send?

Any ideas how to change the signature?
    02-12-08 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD