I have already set the audio boost to "on" in the options section for ring tones in the options folder, but any ring tone I select is at a low volume when it is activated when someone calls my Blackberry phone. I have also turned the phone master volume up all the way, but the ring tone is still at a low volume setting. When I play a selected ring tone back while still in the media folder, ring tone file, the volume is nice and high when the audio boost is on, but as stated earlier in this note, when someone calls my phone the ring volume is very low, and I cannot turn it up any higher. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    06-25-08 04:12 PM
    I use the "loud" profile on my Blackberry. Then I went into that Profile and change the tones to what I wanted for each function, then set the volume up all they way. It works for me.
    06-25-08 04:21 PM
    You can edit any of your profiles to be at the volume you desire. Go to profiles>advanced>edit.
    06-25-08 04:22 PM
    Hi Jenay,

How do you get to "profiles" on the Blackberry 8130?

Thanks,

John
    06-25-08 06:05 PM
    Depending on theme running, there is a "speaker" icon. It is on the screen that shows all apps. Again depending on the theme, it might or might not be a "speaker" icon but it will show "Profiles" when highlighted.
    06-25-08 06:10 PM
    What theme are you running???
    06-25-08 06:21 PM
    Thanks, I already had the profile set to "loud", but I can't change the volume level. I've tried to use the master volume on the side of the phone when I'm it's ringing with an incoming call, but it mutes the ringer. When I set the profile to "normal" , the ringer volume is the same (low volume) as when the profile is set to "loud". Any more suggestions?
    06-25-08 06:28 PM
    Yes. You need to go to your profiles. Select Advanced>Edit>Loud. Change the volume of your ringer in there.
    06-25-08 06:30 PM
    I'm using the "Sprint" theme.

How do I get to the profiles>advanced>edit that you mentioned earlier? Obviously, I know how to get to profiles, but have no idea how to get to the advanced, then edit part.
    06-25-08 06:43 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 06:46 PM
    Ok listen.

If you know how to get to your profile menu, please do so and open it. Scroll all the way to the bottom and select Advanced. Click on it. Now. You should see a list of profiles: Loud, Vibrate, Quiet, Normal, Phone Only, and Off. Hover over the LOUD profile, click your menu button, and select Edit. Scroll down and select Phone. Set your volume to High. If you do not want your phone to vibrate before it rings, select Tone at the top instead of Vibrate+Tone.
    06-25-08 06:46 PM
    When you get to profiles scroll down to past Off and you would see advanced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 06:48 PM
    Thanks Jenay. Works perfectly!
    06-25-08 07:12 PM
    Everyone keeps restating the same 'to dos'. After the phone is on LOUD settingand the volume is set to HIGH, and the ring volume is still rather low (cannot be heard while walking along a busy street). What can be done?
    07-15-08 04:53 PM
    Everyone keeps restating the same 'to dos'. After the phone is on LOUD settingand the volume is set to HIGH, and the ring volume is still rather low (cannot be heard while walking along a busy street). What can be done?
    The big difference is they were dealing with somebody using an 8130. Unfortunately, the 8830 is known to have a low ring volume.

Check this post - http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/883...classic-31623/
    07-15-08 05:10 PM
    Ok listen.

If you know how to get to your profile menu, please do so and open it. Scroll all the way to the bottom and select Advanced. Click on it. Now. You should see a list of profiles: Loud, Vibrate, Quiet, Normal, Phone Only, and Off. Hover over the LOUD profile, click your menu button, and select Edit. Scroll down and select Phone. Set your volume to High. If you do not want your phone to vibrate before it rings, select Tone at the top instead of Vibrate+Tone.
    hi I am in kidnegarden here. I am a new owner of a blackberry tour 9630!
    I have MS and my high ferqencey hearing is gone so I downloaded a song for my ringtone that way I can hear it. I cant get it to play. it goes to LOUD which isnt to me, that sounds like a bunch of woodpeckers! can you please walk me thur this.... I have been reading the past post on how to do this but where is my Profile??? and what do I do from there. Oh and I have a personal pic on the home screen,,, could that be the problem???
    HELP!
    03-28-10 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD