Hey,

Im relatively new to all of this and am struggling! I have a few problems:

1) I bought a Blackberry Pearl 8110 from ebay. I did not realise that it was locked to Vodafone when i have an Orange monthly contract. I solved this problam by purchasing a code. It is now unlocked and I have the internet working. However, there was no internet browser on my applications so I downloaded Opera mini which works fine. But what I want to know is how to set up facebook for blackberry and google browser. Because when I go to install and download these programs it says my browser is not configured correctly.

2) I also want to set my email account up with my phone. But when i go to do the activation with Orange (my sim card network) it says its registered to another network (vodafone) so it will not let me do it?!? Is there a way around this?

Please if you know how to sort this please respond on here or email me.

[email protected]

Thanks in advance

Drunny
    03-13-09 06:46 PM
    when you purchased your phone from the owner on ebay, that person needed to release the phone to you, otherwise the pin is still associated to that person's account. try to contact the person you bought it from, all they have to do is contact their carrier with the esn (i think it's called something else for gsm phones, it completely escapes me right now) number and ask that it be released. then you should be able to set up your email.
    03-13-09 08:05 PM
    Okay thanks I will try. Once I have done that do i HAVE to have a bundle with orange. I have free wap so cant i just use that to use email. and how do i get the blackberry browser etc working if it doesnt show up.
    03-14-09 02:40 AM
    you need to be able to access the Blackberry BIS website so you can resend service books.

Since its locked to vodaphone you wont get the proper service books from Orange until the it's completely released and registered on Oranges Network.

Unless someone here is willing to give you the proper service books you need.
    03-14-09 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD