Ive looked, but cant find a way to change the default input to multitap. As a newbie Im lost. Even reading the instructins didnt help
    thanks
    02-04-08 11:55 AM
    Options>language>input language. not 100% certain if it defaults back to suretype though.
    02-04-08 12:01 PM
    I've got a 8130. When I go to Languages, Input Method, Multitap and Suretype aren't listed as options as described in the manual. Is the 8130 different from 8110 & 8120?
    02-04-08 01:11 PM
    You just need to change your input method to Multitap in any input area and it will remain Multitap in all input fields until you change it back to SureType.

To do this, navigate to a input field and then: MENU>Enable Multitap.
    02-04-08 02:34 PM
    that works. Thanks
    02-05-08 11:46 AM
    So even though multitap is enabled as the default system on my storm, the function switches to suretype when in dial pad mode (eg when entering data to find a contact) Yes, I know that everyone is in love with suretype, but I prefer multitap. So, since there is no option in dialpad mode to set the keyboard to multitap, has anyone a solution?
    12-01-08 05:45 PM
    You just need to change your input method to Multitap in any input area and it will remain Multitap in all input fields until you change it back to SureType.

To do this, navigate to a input field and then: MENU>Enable Multitap.
    Thnx 4 the idea! my dad isnt a big fan of SureType and I was wonering how to change his pearl to multitap

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 09:42 PM
    The problem on my storm is that the type mode does not stayed enabled after I set it. I often have to set it four or five times a day and it is quite annoying....especially in dial pd where I don't want the phone to guess at what I am inputting.
    12-03-08 09:43 AM
    maybe you should post this question in the Storm or Newbie section of the forum
    12-03-08 09:48 AM
    I checked storm site, and no help there. Called Verizon they were no help & had no suggestions on how to fix the problem other than to do a hard reset. Blackberry storm forum no help either. Pretty certain no one on newbie site is going to have a clue about this issue.
    12-05-08 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD