I am running out of space and it seems like my pictures are in 2 different areas... How can I tell which are on my phone memory and which are on the SD card, and how to get the ones on my phone to the damn sim card (also I need to do this through my phone UI and not through the computer cable link)

Please help
    07-30-08 07:33 AM
    remove the micro sd card, if the pictures are not there, that means they are stored on the sd card, if they are, they are stored on the phone.
    07-30-08 08:00 AM
    remove the micro sd card, if the pictures are not there, that means they are stored on the sd card, if they are, they are stored on the phone.
    That might be one of the most painful ways to do it... (requiring a battery pull and a couple of reboots! )

Go into the Media app... then hit Menu > Explore...

You can view the whole file hierarchy And you can see where all of your files are

To move a file, you highlight it and then Menu > Move > select destination.
    07-30-08 08:02 AM
    Also.... when viewing thumbnails in Media>Pictures>My Pictures

Highlight the thumbnail, a left-pointing green arrow in the bottom left corner of the display indicates that pic is stored on the card.
    07-30-08 08:59 AM
    Wow. That's a great tip. Never knew what that green arrow indicated. I like the "explore" tip also. I learn something new everyday on CB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 10:21 AM
    Another tip is if you always want the pictures you are taking (and videos) to be stored on your SD instead of device memory just open the camera application like you were going to take a picture.. hit the MENU > OPTIONS ....you should see at the bottom there is an option to store pictures "In Device Memory"... just change that to "On Media Card"
    08-06-08 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD