Hi all,

Been reading all the posts and just wanted to let you guys know that all the information that you have posted on here is very helpful. Just wanted to say thanks for that!
    But while I'm here posting, I have a couple of quick questions that maybe someone could answer.
    First, how much free space should one have on their blackberry? I just purchased the BlackBerry Pearl from verizon (and I'm new to the Blackberry also), and I just wanted to know how much free space the phone should have for optimum performance.
    Second, I tried to download the new free themes, from the front page, but when i go to the site, it tells me that there are no themes available for my blackberry. Is this something I have to discuss with Verizon?
    Again, thank you all in advance for all the help that I've received by just reading the posts!!
    02-09-08 11:10 PM
    Welcome to CB! You will love your new "Home"! For memory there is no set number. I would say 8k + and your golden! For those themes, they are only for the Curve, sorry! There are plenty of themes all over the internet! Just make sure they are for your 8130!!!! You can down load themes that are for 8100s too. I have a pearl from VZW as well and I have plenty of 8100 themes on my pearl. head over to gemblock.com and search his stuff, everything he has is free!

Click
    02-09-08 11:22 PM
    Thank you soooooo much... I went from 12 down to 9...and I was worried that I would have memory problems. And I'm off to search for themes!! Thank you again!

Robbi
    02-09-08 11:31 PM
    Thank you soooooo much... I went from 12 down to 9...and I was worried that I would have memory problems. And I'm off to search for themes!! Thank you again!

Robbi
    Robbi,
    Before it gets to low, and it starts doing weird things like loosing sms messages and call logs, do a hard reset (pull the battery). Don't worry, you won't loose any data.
    Also check the links in my signature.
    sms
    02-10-08 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD