I have a pearl 8110 i believe the os version is 4.3. I dropped it in water but recovered it and dried it out quickly. Everything works fine except the usb port. When i plug it into my computer i get "usb device not recognized" and something like " usb device has malfuncitioned". The wall charger works usually but after attempting to connect to the computer the wall charger will not work anymore untill i remove and replace the battery then it works fine again. I have 2 other pearl 8110's in the house. My wifes and kids. Each of them work fine on the same computer so i know it is not the desktop manager software or the cable or the drivers or anything because the other 2 phones work fine. Since this only started after the drop in the water i assume that this is the cause. Any ideas on a remedy or even a reason for this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    02-16-09 12:30 AM
    I have a similar problem.

I have an 8830 from Sprint. Never water damaged or otherwise.

Mine charges fine from the wall charger. When I plug it into a USB port the charge icon (lightning bolt) appears for about 5 seconds and then dispappears. My Desktop manager (verson 4.3.0.17).

I recently cracked the screen, received a replacement and want to back it up with BB Manager. I cannot do that until I get an connection.

Can any one help? Is there a thread out here to help? Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    02-16-09 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD