Whenever I have to do a battery pull with my Pearl, for some reason the time is off by 2 hours when the phone reboots. I had another Pearl that I had a lot of trouble with that constantly rebooting its self, and that phone never did it. I always have to go to the date and time and reset the time. The time zone is correct. Anyone have any ideas?
    09-26-09 08:49 PM
    Is the time set to network or blackberry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 11:15 PM
    That's really weird what os are you running and could there be anything you put on the phone recently that could effect it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 11:39 PM
    I have had this issue since I got the phone. Date time source is network. The network time is correct.
    11-14-09 09:07 PM
    Try changing the time zone setting. I had the same problem you are talking about until I fixed the time zone setting on my phone.
    11-15-09 07:00 AM
    Try changing the time zone setting. I had the same problem you are talking about until I fixed the time zone setting on my phone.
    I have tried that too.
    11-15-09 07:19 PM
    I get this same issue with my Perl....I've no idea also
    11-16-09 09:17 AM
    Whenever I have to do a battery pull with my Pearl, for some reason the time is off by 2 hours when the phone reboots. I had another Pearl that I had a lot of trouble with that constantly rebooting its self, and that phone never did it. I always have to go to the date and time and reset the time. The time zone is correct. Anyone have any ideas?
    I have had this issue since I got the phone. Date time source is network. The network time is correct.
    Be sure you have the correct time zone. An easy mistake is choosing Central America time instead of Central Time (US & Canada). Both are GMT-6, but Central America does not observe DST. That causes a one-hour error when the US is on DST. Since it is not now, that doesn't explain your problem, but is worth verifying.
    11-16-09 10:45 AM
    Be sure you have the correct time zone. An easy mistake is choosing Central America time instead of Central Time (US & Canada). Both are GMT-6, but Central America does not observe DST. That causes a one-hour error when the US is on DST. Since it is not now, that doesn't explain your problem, but is worth verifying.
    I have done that also. But if I have to reboot, it goes right back to the wrong time! I really makes no sense to me.
    11-17-09 07:35 PM
    How are you rebooting? A battery pull? How long have you had the 8130? You might get it replaced under warranty. When the phone time is off by two hours, is the time zone shown correct? Does changing the Time Source from Network to BlackBerry and back to Network correct the time, or do you have to manually change it?
    11-17-09 11:14 PM
    Sometimes it just freezes and reboots for no reason. Sometimes I have to pull the battery because it just freezes an will do nothing but have the hourglass spinning. I have my old phone and it is set to the same time zone as the old one.
    11-18-09 06:55 PM
    My old phone is set to eastern -5. To have the correct time my new one has to be set to mexico city (old) -6.
    11-18-09 07:06 PM
    If you choose Mexico City (old), does the time stay correct through a reboot? If so, you've found a work-around if not an explanation. What OS version are you running on your Pearl? There have been numerous reports of devices, not just Pearls, that mysteriously and arbitrarily switch to the Eniwetok time zone. Something is going on with RIM.

EDIT: You are in the South, according to your location. Here is a post from a user in Florida: http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/he...3/#post4124549. Sounds like the same problem...
    Last edited by JeffH; 11-18-09 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Additional info
    11-18-09 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD