I sold my phone and was told by a friend to make sure that I remove the SIM card. I have a Blackberry Pearl 8130. I have seen other forums talk about unlocking something and moving it to the left to remove. I don't see anything that says lock/unlock and am not seeing the normal paper like card I had in my last Blackberry. HELP! I have attached a photo of what my phone looks like.

Thanks!
    06-17-10 09:01 AM
    Who is your carrier? Verizon and Sprint don't use sim cards, and I don't see one in that pic.
    06-21-10 08:04 PM
    The 8130 does not take a SIM card.
    06-21-10 08:09 PM
    Not at all? I know mine didn't, not a whole lot of room after battery and SD card. None running around on other carriers?
    06-21-10 08:16 PM
    Not at all? I know mine didn't, not a whole lot of room after battery and SD card. None running around on other carriers?
    The 8130 is a CDMA only device. CDMA only devices do not use SIM cards. 8100, 8110, and 8120 are GSM and take SIM cards.

BlackBerry - Pearl - Specifications
    06-21-10 08:19 PM
    /facepalm
    And I used to use one, and still have it. Frightening eh? I was fairly certain he didn't have one if he had a 8130, but I'm working and don't have time to hunt up specs atm. Thanks btw.
    06-21-10 08:31 PM
    I sold my phone and was told by a friend to make sure that I remove the SIM card. I have a Blackberry Pearl 8130. I have seen other forums talk about unlocking something and moving it to the left to remove. I don't see anything that says lock/unlock and am not seeing the normal paper like card I had in my last Blackberry. HELP! I have attached a photo of what my phone looks like.

Thanks!
    So after all that, basically just make sure you wipe your personal data off of it and remove the SD card, which is to the left of the screen below the charge/USB port and above the left convenience key; gently pop the door open, press in on the card and it will spring out enough for you to grab.
    And my apologies for meandering to get to that. :/
    06-21-10 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD