I just upgraded to the 8130 Pearl, and the tutorial says I can download ring tones by going to "Media" > "Ring Tones" > "All Ring Tones" > then MENU. There is supposed to be an option for "Download", but I don't have that option at all. I have "Receive Using Bluetooth."

When I tried this, I was stuck on "File Transfer - Waiting on Connection" forever. I stopped it (after a good 10 minutes), then Disables my Bluetooth, and tried again. Exact same problem.

Why don't I have the option, like it says on the CD tutorial that came with the device??

Thanks!
    12-20-07 10:27 PM
    Hey Man! Welcome!
    Where are you trying to download these from? Web site, your PC? We need a little more infomation.
    12-21-07 04:28 AM
    First question, Do you have a media card installed? if so, go to media>> ringtones>> media card>> menu>> download tunes. it should take you to you providers D/L site. On AT&T, you have to purchase these.(verizon and 8130 may be different) you can get free ones here. then transfer to your BB.
    Free Ringtones - CrackBerry.com | CrackBerry.com
    12-21-07 05:15 AM
    go here for more free ringtones, after getting some from this site:

Tuneusin Free Ringtones and Wallpaper
    12-21-07 06:38 AM
    Why bother paying for them when you can make your own. Ringtones on your BB are just mp3s.
    12-21-07 07:32 AM
    I've used this to make my own ring tones. It's free! Plus they have a huge selection. Free Ringtones from Phonezoo: Create and Download Free Ringtones, Jokes, Photos and Wallpaper
    12-21-07 07:39 AM
    No media card installed yet. I figured the option would take me to a site, but I still don't understand why I don't even have the option, unless it's because I don't have a media card installed.

Anyway, I downloaded about a dozen of tones from this site, and will check out the other links later.

Thanks again for the help!
    12-21-07 09:07 AM
    Do your self a favor, get a media card ASAP! Without it any pictures, ring tones, videos, music will all be loaded onto your device memory, and that will lead to a host of other problems. You want to keep your device memory as sleek as possible. Again the more apps you load, the less internal memory you will have.

See post #3. I guess you need the media card to do as you are asking.
    Last edited by Member_No.1; 12-21-07 at 09:16 AM.
    12-21-07 09:14 AM
    I just upgraded to the 8130 Pearl, and the tutorial says I can download ring tones by going to "Media" > "Ring Tones" > "All Ring Tones" > then MENU. There is supposed to be an option for "Download", but I don't have that option at all. I have "Receive Using Bluetooth."
    Yep, know exactly what your talking about, I've had the same frustration. I'm thinking the option is carrier specific and VZW hasn't enabled it even tho the VZW tutorial specifically demonstrates it!!

The ringtone catalog is also not available when going to -> http://mobile.blackberry.com (visited from your blackberry's browser) This page detects your BlackBerry model, and displays only items for your device/carrier.

Hopefully VZW will enable this in future as they will be doing various chat clients such as AIM & Live Messenger, but not holding my breath.
    12-21-07 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD