In the interim its very easily resolved by just one hard reset/battery pull.
    01-30-08 03:27 PM
    a battery pull does not work for mine but maybe does for the masses. nothing seems to work for me. will have to wait and see.
    01-30-08 04:42 PM
    OK KIDS!!!
    That Blackberry Pearl 8130 that is used on the Verizon and Sprint network cannot send MMS messages. To send MMS messages, you would just go to the message center, options, then compose MMS would be there, right under compose email, and compose SMS. 8130 Pearl users will not see the compose MMS option, cause it is unavailable on the 8130 sorry to tell you all this... kind of sucks.
    Hopefully they will add a permanent service book for the 8130...
    They probably won't ever though, cause they have been saying they have been working on this issue forever now... and you would think they would have had it on the phone when it first launched, just like all the other blackberry's.
    02-06-08 11:41 AM
    OK KIDS!!!
    That Blackberry Pearl 8130 that is used on the Verizon and Sprint network cannot send MMS messages. To send MMS messages, you would just go to the message center, options, then compose MMS would be there, right under compose email, and compose SMS. 8130 Pearl users will not see the compose MMS option, cause it is unavailable on the 8130 sorry to tell you all this... kind of sucks.
    Hopefully they will add a permanent service book for the 8130...
    They probably won't ever though, cause they have been saying they have been working on this issue forever now... and you would think they would have had it on the phone when it first launched, just like all the other blackberry's.
    Really? Work greats on my 8130 and has since day one! I believe Sprint locks down MMS on their phones. Verizon doesn't.
    Where did you get this bit of mis-infomation?
    02-06-08 11:49 AM
    i have a telus 8130 pearl and had the mms message option but sometime between getting the phone new, separating my folders, and an hour or so later cannot find the mms option anywhere
    02-24-08 04:21 AM
    Have the 8130 through Verizon, and everything is fine with mine. Used mms last night to message my son in fact.
    02-24-08 04:51 AM
    Mine just started being able to send and receive pictures today.

Check yours out if it hadn't been doing it.
    10-08-08 07:13 PM
    I have been through out the 8130 forums and found that many have the same or similar problem as i, "MMS" i just started having this problem, everything worked fine up until about a month ago, my best estimation of when it stopped

as i really didn't notice until two days ago when my fren asked me if i saw her pix she sent, i checked and nothing was there, so i tested it, i sent an MMS to her, it showed that it had been sent from my phone with the usual check mark, but she received nothing from me, i asked another friend to see if i could send a MMS test text, and that's when he said he had been sending me MMS for the last two weeks and thought it funny that i didn't answer, so i sent him a MMS, it didn't work..

so tonight i called the bb tech at verizon (oh ya forget to mention who my carrier is) and he walked me through some pound numbers, battery removals, status checks, registration and nothing, we worked on my bb for 45 minutes before they gave me the dreaded "ticket #" and said they will contact me in 72 hours...

so I have been surfing the forums and found all the MMS, I am unsure what to do, I've downloaded the new 4.6 DM thinking this might fix my problem but this hasn't fixed the problem...

I love my BB, but I am thinking I will just go back to the LG Voyager and tell misty stories of "when I had" a blackberry pearl...

so if anyone has any advice, or a way to fix this problem, i would live to hear or see some link that will walk me through this...thanks everyone in advance, I admire your wisdom of the BB...
    Last edited by gatk; 10-23-08 at 11:37 PM. Reason: forgot a few key points
    10-23-08 11:28 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD