So i will start off by saying that this is for my friend. He has a pearl 8130 that he inherited via his older brother. He always asks me questions and usually i know what to do...but i've found one i cannot figure out.

Email... two questions. Oh, and a quick "by the way": His phone is Verizon Wireless.

One: How do you delete old email accounts on the 8130? or in general. There are two old email accounts for which he is not using and the icons and all that still remain. Even the older users facebook remains, well he deleted it, but he was getting the last persons notifications... but skip facebook, stick with email. how can we delete the email accounts from the phone?

and second question, and a considerably harder one.
    For some reason a few days ago his email (its a gmail account) just stopped working on the phone. He cannot send or receive emails from his phone. It may have been when we were installing the newest OS (4.5, he had 4.3)... but thats just a guess. We go into email set up and it asks for a username and password..which we dont have. but the icon for his email is still on the desktop but it just wont get or send emails.

So how can we circumvent the username and passowrd...or find the username and password... or how can we just make his email work...or delete all the emails and just re-add his gmail, or will that take a user name/ password?
    01-12-09 12:16 PM
    Call #611 and tell them exactly what you just typed and they'll reset the BIS account for the phone and set your friend a new usrename and password. He'll have to add his email again, but other than that its no biggie. I had the same exact issue and this took care of it for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 01:21 PM
    That worked perfectly. All is well with the phone again. Thanks a lot, i appreciate the help
    01-14-09 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD