Inexplicably starting today I can't hear any sound at all from my blackberry except for the ring. That includes the sounds made by pressing keys.

The volume is up full blast and I can't hear anything. Nothing can be heard from me on the other side either.

Recently I noticed that I couldn't hear myself in the "receiver" of the phone - one of the things I liked about this model of blackberry is that you could hear yourself speaking when on a call (like a land line phone). One day a couple weeks ago this just stopped - I could still be heard on the other side; I noticed a small black and blue box appeared next to the volume bar when this occurred, I didn't know how to return it to normal.

Now I can't hear myself or anyone else, and the blue/black box is gone.

Is this something that I can resolve by pushing a button, or is this the end of my phone?

Thanks in advance
    07-10-08 07:10 PM
    Disregard - problem solved - battery removed and replaced.

All's well.
    07-10-08 07:36 PM
    Disregard previous disregard - problem persists.

When I remove the battery and make a call, I can hear it ring for only a second. For that second the blue/black box appears (it's right next to the volume bar and is split diagonally, one side of the diagonal line is blue, the other black). The blue/black box disappears and silence returns.

Please some help.
    07-10-08 07:41 PM
    the little blue/black box is the indicator for enhanced call audio. it boosts the bass or treble of your receiver, but it shouldn't be affecting your ability to hear sounds.

i had an issue earlier tonight where i could only hear through the speaker phone, but i did a battery pull, and i'm almost sure it was a weird signal/network issue, because it's happened to a friend of mine on her sanyo before. and now mine is working fine.

hopefully someone with the knowledge will step in here and help you out hun
    07-10-08 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD