I have an at&t BB 8110 that only shows the main screen and without any icons... there is a wallpaper but nothing else. Nothing happens when I push the menu button.. I can get a few icons to pop up when I push alt and backwards buttons, but none are helpful (home, phone, messages). I can type 1-9 and it will bring up phone dialer, and i can get to messages and phonebook... the software seems to be ok, in fact I loaded new version and still the same way. I loaded a backup copy from another pearl and still no icons... Im baffled... anyone have ideas? and please dont say to go to menu and settings.... cause I cant get to anything else.
    06-04-09 04:46 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 04:50 PM
    Of course....
    06-04-09 05:11 PM
    I know you said you loaded a new version but you may want to wipe your berry and reload it or reload a different os version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 06:26 PM
    the software seems to be ok, in fact I loaded new version and still the same way. ...
    When you installed the device OS software, did you make any changes to the default themes? That requires deleting or moving files before you install the upgrade.

I suspect you are seeing a no-theme display.

The solution is simple, reinstall the software with the default settings, with the exception of Vendor.xml.
    06-05-09 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD