I just bought a BB 8120 off eBay unlocked and I have a few questions about it.

I received the phone and its branded for T-Mobile, so the first question is, how can I get rid of the branding? For example, there are a bunch of icons that say T-Zone. I can only hide them, but ideally I want to delete them. Is there a way to set the phone back to "factory" configuration?

Second question is about BB Messenger. I thought this phone would be great for the BBM. However, I add contacts and they never get the request. I added my wife (with her sitting next to me) and its still pending two days later. I looked into the connections, and Blackberry Internet Service Connection and Blackberry Enterprise Server are not connected. Is this something AT&T has to activate? Or do I do it via RIM/BB website?

I ask this because I have a wireless network card from AT&T that has a SIM card in it. Since the 8120 is unlocked, and the SIM card is a whole separate account (phone, data, etc), I figured it should work. So I put the SIM card in, and everything is A OK. I can make calls, surf the web, text people (on both mobile network AND WiFi) etc. Everything except getting BBM to work, which is the one thing I want.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    06-02-09 02:56 PM
    Well, since posting this I've learned quite a bit. I learned about doing a hard wipe to get rid of all the T-Mobile junk. So, I have that part down.

What I still havent figured out is about the BB Messenger portion, so if there are any BBM connection gurus out there that can shed some light, I'd appreciate it.
    06-03-09 10:46 AM
    You need to have the correct BB plan and then AT&T will send the correct service books to your phone. After you power down and pull out the battery to reset the phone, it should work.

Same thing happened to me with my used phone... didn't have the right plan.
    06-03-09 11:16 AM
    Yeah, you both need a Blackberry data plan. Are you inviting her via email or pin, it should work either way but try both. My friend is on a BES and PIN is not allowed.
    06-03-09 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD