Hello all, longtime lurker, first time poster. Unfortunetly, I have run across my first bad experience with my Pearl 8130. I just got this phone a week ago. I have not backed it up at all. Last night, I plugged into the charger overnight (the one that came with it), and when I woke up, my call log and all messages were erased. It was erasing all calls in the call log as the day went on so I did a battery pull and it's been working fine ever since. Any idea what happened? Also, anyway to retrieve the old call log? Should I be backing up everyday??? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Joey V
    06-06-08 07:28 PM
    Memory issue - read this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    06-06-08 07:31 PM
    Dude, I have a 4gb card with no nothing on it, I don't think that's it.
    06-06-08 07:53 PM
    A membort card has nothing to do with freeing up the memory on the phone itself.

Check out the link. It is for optimizing the free memory on your phone. It has worked wonders for almost everyone who has used it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-08 08:13 PM
    Use the search tool. You will find what you need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-08 08:31 PM
    follow the link chaz posted. Pearl's have a known memory leak and that is a how-to on freeing up your memory so that does not happen again. The memory card only holds pictures, video, music and ringtones.
    06-06-08 08:48 PM
    Also, download the SoftReset app. When you do a battery pull or a soft reset you can restore the memory that has "leaked". It's only useful if you have decent memory to begin with, so follow the inx to free up your memory and then use the soft reset app to reset your phone any time you drop below 10mb. If you do that you'll never lose anything.
    06-06-08 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD