Please help. After downloading and installing several different OTA applications, the icons are not showing up on home screen so I am unable to run the programs. The applications I have tried include Google Search, Berry Search, and WeatherBug. However, when I tried Google Maps, it worked just fine. After installation, all of the applications showed up in the applications list under Options, but I couldn't find any of them on the home screen. I tried looking in all my folders and making sure that the "Show All" line was checked but couldn't find them anywhere. I am running OS 4.3.0.91 on my Pearl 8120 for ATT. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    09-10-08 08:34 PM
    I have Google Search installed now and used to have WeatherBug. I don't recall having any problem getting them to show up.

Try a soft reset. Since you have a Pearl, you'll need to download Soft Reset from GeekandProud: SoftReset)

If that doesn't solve your problem, you can do a harder reset by taking out the battery with the phone on. Leave it out for about 30 seconds. Put it back. Among other things, that will force a rebuild of the indexes and reload the operating system into contiguous memory and may fix the problem.

Pulling the battery is a next step solution that fixes a host of problems. It should not be your first step. When you pull the battery, there is a very, very slight risk of corrupting your OS, resulting in your having to wipe / reload your device. It's happened once in my experience.

Be sure to perform a backup before the battery pull, if you can. If you can resolve your problem by a soft reset, you should. You should only pull the battery if the phone is locked up, or you can't soft reset, or soft reset doesn't solve the problem. At that point, the benefits far outweigh the risks.
    09-10-08 10:47 PM
    Thanks for your insight. I will definitely try soft reset instead of battery pulls in future. Regarding missing icon problem: after days of trying to figure it out, I changed my theme from AT&T to one of BlackBerry themes and the missing icons showed up. I hope this might help others solve this problem. Thanks again.
    09-10-08 10:59 PM
    Thanks for posting the solution. That could be a big help to the next person with the same problem. I only use one theme and tend to forget there are others to try.
    09-10-08 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD