I have a BB Pearl 8110. I have an 8 gig sdhc. I have about 5.0 gigs of music on it. Everything was working fine. I was using media manager to manage the files on the pearl. This morning, I wanted to add some more music...and media manager won't recognize the sd card. The phone does. I can listen to music with the phone. I tried to assign the card another name by using disk managment through right clicking on my computer. However, windows doesn't recognize the card either. I tried to take out the card and then reinsert. When I did that, the Pearl wouldn't recognize the card at first and I had to reinsert it a few times. So, How can I get media manager to recognize the card again??
    01-10-09 08:01 AM
    First when your inserting the card you need to turn off the phone. I work for a cell company and we strongly recommend it do to the fact the if the phone is still on it may not except the memory card or start to do weird stuff. Also i would recommend reformatting your memory card. Maybe between switching the card out to another source some how reformated it and now it needs done for your phone again. Hope that helps.
    01-10-09 10:43 AM
    First when your inserting the card you need to turn off the phone. I work for a cell company and we strongly recommend it do to the fact the if the phone is still on it may not except the memory card or start to do weird stuff. Also i would recommend reformatting your memory card. Maybe between switching the card out to another source some how reformated it and now it needs done for your phone again. Hope that helps.
    Thanks. It's weird, the phone recognizes the card....and I can play MP3's etc. I just can't get the computer or media manager to recognize it as a mass storage device. I was hoping not to have to reformat the card. I might have to do it though.
    01-10-09 10:51 AM
    use the usb cord to connect the phone instead of taking the media card out

and dont use media managers

its a pita

just plug the phone in usb

open it

open the music file

and drag the music into that file
    01-10-09 11:46 AM
    I have to second trueblue01gt. I had so many problems with Media Manager, that I don't use it anymore (freezing up my laptop, not synchronizing, not recognizing files...) it was a total PITA.

I actually transfer all my music using a program called doubletwist, but that's also because I'm using music from iTunes.
    01-10-09 12:10 PM
    use the usb cord to connect the phone instead of taking the media card out

and dont use media managers

its a pita

just plug the phone in usb

open it

open the music file

and drag the music into that file

I never took the card out of the phone. Only after the computer stopped recognizing it. My entire computer doesn't recognize the card when plugged into the phone via USB. I can't "find" the card with media manager or windows explorer. The disc isn't there..and I turn on mass storage. This is driving me insane!!!
    01-10-09 12:38 PM
    I used to transfer pics from my camera's SD card to my computer via my card reader, then from the computer to the 8700 bb. Is there any way to directly connect the phone and the card reader with the SD card in it? Must I use some manager to put my pics onto the phone? Thanks in advance.
    Marianne
    01-10-09 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD