I need help on my pearl, I set up my text to last forever in the inbox but for some strange reason its wipes out the messages in like any random days.expect the one that was saved. . Ive had this phone since march. And I have checked the set up.. also my trackball is laggy when i scroll through the symbols...

please anyone have the answer for this problem?
    04-05-08 08:23 PM
    You are running out of memory. Go into OPTIONS>STATUS and look at "available memory" You should generally have around 12-16 Mb memory free if you haven't added many apps and haven't done any modding to free up memory.

My bet is that when it wipes your messages your available memory will be zero.

A battery pull will remedy the problem temporarily but you will eventually run out again. You can uninstall applications that you don't use, be sure to close out applications when you are done (not just switching to a new one), and get rid of memory hog applications like IM apps. Setting it to keep your messages forever will also slowly eat up your memory. You only have a finite amount of on board memory and until they figure out how to let us save messages and apps to our SD cards we will just have to work around this limitation.
    04-05-08 08:45 PM
    YYou only have a finite amount of on board memory and until they figure out how to let us save messages and apps to our SD cards we will just have to work around this limitation.
    it helps a bit so invest in one! :]
    04-06-08 12:28 AM
    If you insist on keeping your text msg forever, then forward them to your PC as Email, then delete them of your 8130. That way you won't eat up your memory on the phone.
    04-06-08 06:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD