Hello, I've been searching the internet for days and just can not seem to find what I am looking for. I love my blackberry, I have the Pearl.

I put a password on it, then one of my friends tried it 10 times, to wipe everything, while it said "wiping" i tried to take the battery out for it to stop, but it didn't. Then it started "scrubbing" it, and finally turned off. When i turned it back on, all I get is the JVM Error 513 and then below it , it says RESET, which is highlighted. It is a white screen and thats all it says.

I do not know what to do. I bought this phone used off kijiji, but it has never done anything like this before. From what I have read, the problem is all my apllications and everything is gone, so it cannot start up and I need to install a new OS (operation system) but I have no clue if that is the case, and if it was how to do that!

Is there any way I can fix this at home? And if so, how? Also if I can't, is there any way bell could do it for me, even if i do not have a warranty?

If anyone could get back to me as soon as possible that would be great. Life is hard without my crackberry!
    06-26-09 10:49 PM
    First, calm down. This is an easy fix assuming you have a PC and a little time. Check the BlackBerry 101 link in my sig for "How to recover a nuked BlackBerry" it has great instructions there. If you run in to any problems send me a PM and I'll try to help you out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD