My trackball has stopped clicking, but it still scrolls. I have a password on my phone, and I can select the 'unlock' option by scrolling to it, but when I push the trackball nothing happens. Is there any way of unlocking it while the trackball isn't working properly?
    01-20-10 04:47 PM
    Yes. Hook it up to DM and enter your password on your pc.

It sounds like you need to replace the dome underneath the trackball. They only cost a couple of bucks and can be found in the CB store or on eBay. Just search here or youtube for replacement instructions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 07:26 PM
    but if you're device is still under warranty or have insurance go to a corporate store and have them check it out
    01-20-10 10:17 PM
    I never click the trackball anyways for that (the password)

I used my phone for 2 weeks without a click dome, and it was fine. Hitting the enter key works wonders, and some options don't respond with the enter key. When that happens, use the space bar instead You don't need to click the trackball for any program but it's very convenient. Sometimes you also think you aren't able to drop down a menu, so for that, you hit the menu key, select "change option" and there ya go. See? The phone is 100% usable without a click of the trackball.

I feel bad because I have 9 domes left. I used 2 out of the 11 for my 8100 and 8120.

Let me know if your phone is under warranty. If it is not, let me know and I can help you out with a spare dome. The hardest part about buying them is that they are ALL overseas, and had to wait forever for them. I live in Florida by the way and they came from Hong Kong. Installing it is as easy as putting a sticker in a sticker book, except that it's much smaller and you will need tweezers. Didn't even have to take apart the phone. I simply removed the trackball, removed the old one with tweezers, and place the new one. Done. It's nothing but a silver dome with yellow tape to hold it down.

01-21-10 01:39 AM