I have a new Blackberry pearl and there is no icon for me to connect to the browser. I know it is connecting to the network and it has been registered with the network, but the icons still are not coming up on the screen. Anyone have any ideas? Did a factory reset, redid the programming, I have called my providers tech support line but it can take up to 24 hours and I need some answers quicker than that. Thanks!
    01-16-08 08:14 AM
    Pull the battery and reboot the device. Often the service books do not install until a reboot of the BB.
    01-16-08 08:16 AM
    I have tried that as well and it doesn't work. Can you think of anything else within the software that can bring it in?
    01-16-08 09:00 AM
    Options>Mobile Network>(menu)start provisioning
    Then do a battery pull, also make sure your carrier has the CORRECT data plan on your device. At your Home screen, push your menu button>switch application>try accessing the browser from there. If it doesn't let you, what's the error message? Is the icon there?

Sorry troubleshooting through forums can be kind of hard!
    01-16-08 09:04 AM
    Also try making sure you go completely through the setup wizard.
    01-16-08 09:05 AM
    Try this...
    While in the application screen, click the menu button, then click show all.
    01-16-08 09:06 AM
    Options>Mobile Network>(menu)start provisioning
    Then do a battery pull, also make sure your carrier has the CORRECT data plan on your device. At your Home screen, push your menu button>switch application>try accessing the browser from there. If it doesn't let you, what's the error message? Is the icon there?

Sorry troubleshooting through forums can be kind of hard!

"Options>Mobile Network>(menu)start provisioning" When I do this I don't get the "start provisioning" option.

"menu button>switch application>" I do get the icon but when I click on it I get an error message saying it is not enabled from my provider. UGH!

Thanks so much for the help though.....
    Last edited by dpurcha; 01-16-08 at 09:23 AM.
    01-16-08 09:21 AM
    ok, then the first question we should have asked is:

"Do you have a "BlackBerry Data Plan" from your carrier. Not a email plan, but specifically the BB Data Plan?
    01-16-08 09:23 AM
    Yes, I do have a blackbery plan. It is not a BES plan but I do have email and internet access. 6mb worth.
    01-16-08 09:24 AM
    Did you set up your bis login? Try logging in and sending your service books. If that doesn't work go to options and then advanced then go to host routing table. Scroll down to the bold host press the blackberry button and click on register now. The Verizon tech made me do this when I was having the issue that you were. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-08 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD