I'm having that ever so common problem of getting a duplicate message everytime I send an e-mail with my gmail account. I've seen countless threads and websites that have instructions on setting up a filter through BIS. My problem is that I don't have any filter option. I have verizon, and when I go to the Verizon BIS site and try to set up an account, it tells me I can't set one up on a computer and must set it up on my phone. However, when I go to my phone, it never gives me any filtering options what-so-ever. Has anyone ever faced this before? I've tried deleting my gmail account on the bb and resetting it and everything else I can think of, but nothing works or gives me any filtering options. Help!
    01-17-08 02:19 PM
    Does it tell you you are unable to log in via HTML Browser?

BlackBerry Search Results
    01-17-08 02:23 PM
    tech -

i just had the same issue resolved yesterday. check this thread.

from what i understand, you are unable to login to the vzw blackberry bis site from your berry and a PC. i, too, had this problem. you will have to call verizon - make sure you ask for tech support: blackberry. they will set you up w/ a login and default password for the bis site. this is something different than the login/pword for your vzw.bb.net email, so don't get them confused like i did.

then you should be able to login to the bis site on your PC. i had been using my berry for about a month before i visited the bis site, so i had never gotten a login.

once i set it up, my emails had to be "validated." may not happen to you, but it did for me. my email "went out," so you have to re-validate. my gmail validated from the bis site fine, BUT i had to go back to my berry and go to your "email settings" icon. login there and it will re-validate your @vzw.blackberry.net email acct - it didn't work for me from the bis site. after i did that, my gmail and bb.net email were working fine.

filtering: once you get all that straight, log back into the vzw website from your PC. go to filters for your gmail acct. you want to set one up to block emails "from" and then enter your gmail acct address in the box. now it will block any emails "from" your gmail acct address. that's it! i send emails from my berry and my PC w/ gmail and no longer get copies sent to my berry.

i know it's frustrating, but i found some help here and had to call vzw, as well. that's what you'll have to do. keep in mind your email may not "go out" like mine did and require you to re-validate them. you'll know pretty quickly b/c you won't be able to send/receive any email (you'll see a big red X next to emails you are trying to send). if so, just follow the above steps. let me know how it goes and good luck!
    01-17-08 02:52 PM
    Sorry you went through all that dacur, you should have been able to do it exactly as in the tech support doc in the link js provided. Just do initial setup on device, then you're able to login via PC for edits/filters etc..
    Last edited by GadgetGeek; 01-17-08 at 03:12 PM.
    01-17-08 03:05 PM
    gadget -

thanks. yeah, that looks a LOT easier than what i did! it wasn't really that bad - i got vzw w/out any hold time and they were able to set me up. the bad part was when my email went out! but, like i said, i got that fixed, too.

the filter's working. i appreciate all the help we get here. i always come here first for my info! my new login does work on my berry, too. i hope we can help others in the future w/ this - i know it can be frustrating. you're right, the link js provided is the way to go!

thanks again gadget and js! hopefully techjunkie can get this resolved, as well.

dacur
    01-17-08 03:19 PM
    SUCCESS! Thanks for all your help. I just found this site today, actually, and it's great! Not used to such quick responses.
    01-17-08 03:38 PM
    excellent! glad you were able to get it working, as well. and welcome to cb!

01-17-08 03:44 PM
    SUCCESS! Thanks for all your help. I just found this site today, actually, and it's great! Not used to such quick responses.
    Congrats, glad you're resolved. Yep CB is a great site with great folks... welcome to the group.
    01-17-08 03:51 PM
    I was having the same problems. I downloaded Gmail mobile and I love it! You can archive, star etc. And it receives and syncs relatively fast!
    01-17-08 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD