OK, I was just about to pull out the battery, for the third time today. I gave it another couple minutes, totaling 10 and the FLOATING HOURGLASS FROM HADES released my Pearl 8130 and now oh joy I can view all the calls I missed in the interim.

Anyone else having Blackberry OS problems, with the hourglass seizing your phone for interminable periods? Any solutions? THANKS!
    05-20-08 03:53 PM
    Three battery pulls in one day? Yeesh. How's your memory? The only time I ever saw the hourglass with my old pearl was if I got kinda low.. Less than 10mb. After that point.. I did this --> http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html

And haven't had really any problems since. Do you keep a lot of message history on your phone? That might cause the hourglass if you're texting..
    Last edited by mm_style; 05-20-08 at 04:02 PM.
    05-20-08 03:56 PM
    I have a ton of emails - is there any way to delete them in a date range, like everything from over 10 days ago?
    05-21-08 02:26 PM
    NEVER MIND I just found the setting to keep only 15 days
    05-21-08 02:28 PM
    Lol that hourglass loves me too. See it a few times a day

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-08 07:13 AM
    don't put up with the hour glass.

i am new to BB and after dealing with this (a deal breaker) for a couple days, i was relieved when deleting some apps stopped this behavior.

not sure if it was bad apps, some sort of app conflict, or what? but i no longer get that OS delay. seriously, how old is Palm yet it never gave me an hour glass!

the link provided seems pretty advanced but i appreciate it, in case the problems returns.
    05-24-08 11:37 PM
    Well, mine isn't an hourglass, since I tend to use themes that have that neat tri-force looking thing...but I can comisserate with the general feeling...
    Before joining CB, and finding that AWESOME memory thread that mm_style was nice enough to post up there, I could never seem to get much above 11MB native memory.
    Now, for 4 months and going strong, I RARELY fall under 25MB.
    It helps not to have a lot of unneeded apps or extra themes or whatnot, and once you go through the steps in the memory thread, you should be doing well.
    05-24-08 11:42 PM
    don't put up with the hour glass.

i am new to BB and after dealing with this (a deal breaker) for a couple days, i was relieved when deleting some apps stopped this behavior.

not sure if it was bad apps, some sort of app conflict, or what? but i no longer get that OS delay. seriously, how old is Palm yet it never gave me an hour glass!

the link provided seems pretty advanced but i appreciate it, in case the problems returns.
    Palm doesn't have the courtesy of giving you the hour glass, it just CRASH.
    In regards to the hour glass, it comes down to Simply managing your Memory. If you don't, then the phone will Manage it for you. The hour glass is a indication that the phone is giving you a warning about low memory and if left unattended then it will delete something (call log, msg) so as to recoup memory.
    They don't call it smart phone for nothing!
    05-24-08 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD