Okay so I tried to uprade my alltel pearl 8130 today and I followed all the directions exactly - I think. However, I hit a snag when it came time to actually install the new os on my BB. I could not figure out how to do it! After about 2 hours of fiddling with desktop manager, I felt so frustrated and stupid, I gave up! I don't know if what I downloaded from the blackberry site actually contains the new os. Also I was wondering if it is absolutely necessary to wipe the handheld before uprading the os, because I didn't. I really need this uprade because I love sending mms, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-08 07:48 PM
    Did you download the OS for the 8130 from another carrier other than Alltel? If you did, did you delete the vendor file? Did you install the OS to your computer?
    10-26-08 07:57 PM
    10-26-08 08:00 PM
    Also say this;

Our Father, which art is heaven
    hallowed be thy name
    thy Betas come
    thy installation be done, in XP as it is in Vista
    give us this day our daily battery pull
    and forgive us our memory leak, as we forgive our leaking apps
    and lead us not to the iPhone
    but deliver us from other smartphones
    For thine is the Berry, the Beta and the Best, for ever and ever. Amen
    10-26-08 08:02 PM
    Did you download the OS for the 8130 from another carrier other than Alltel? If you did, did you delete the vendor file? Did you install the OS to your computer?
    Yes I downloaded it from cellular south and I did delete the vendor file. I also did install the os to the computer. Was this correct procedure?

10-26-08 08:33 PM
    Yes. Upon opening DM it should say there are new updates. What version of DM do you have? You can go to help > about in DM and see if the OS is installed.
    10-26-08 08:39 PM
    Darn. Sorry to hear. This is exactly why I'm afraid to upgrade my OS. I can live without watching you tube on my phone for now.

10-27-08 05:11 PM
    Go To Software.alltel.com And Follow The Instructions Theres Only 3 Drop Down Menus. Its i.d.i.o.t Proof You Cant Mess It Up
    10-28-08 01:28 PM
    Do what pltaylor said and you will be fine

(And nice resurrection of the Beta Prayer haha)

10-28-08 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD