Hello Everyone -

I am a newbie but have been reading the forums for quite some time. I have been searching the forums for an answer to my question but to no avail.

Here is the situation: I have a 8130 and loaded beamberry (free version) and a few themes(bphone today, and zen). I wanted to remove them to free up some space but my BB will not let me. I have gone into Option, Advanced Options, Applications and do not see beamberry there. If I go into modules, I see it but it does not give me the option to delete.

The same thing with themes. I highlight the theme I want to delete and i do not get the delete option when i hit the application button.

Am I an ***** and am missing something simple or is the problem much bigger than that?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks in advance!

dice013
    03-27-08 09:13 PM
    That's odd. When you scroll down and hit delete, a prompt should be asking you if you want to restart. Are you not seeing that at all?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-08 09:20 PM
    No. I do not even get the delete option.
    03-27-08 09:24 PM
    Have you done a battery pull?
    03-27-08 09:33 PM
    If not, try connecting your berry to your pc and delete(uncheck) the apps from the Desktop Mode thru the application loader. Follow the prompts as if you were actually trying to add an application. A step or two later(could not find apps, blah, blah), all of the apps that you unchecked should be removed. Go back into your berry and review. I'm not one of the CrackBerryologist(Hmmm), but, it worked for me Good Luck.

03-27-08 09:34 PM
    CrackBerryologist(I like it): A CrackBerry doctor. lol

03-27-08 09:37 PM
    I have done both the battery pull and gone into the app loader and tried to remove it that way. Nothing on both. This is why I am frustrated. It does not seem that it should be this hard to remove an app or theme.

Thanks for your help but do you have any other suggestions?
    03-27-08 09:43 PM
    Since you are trying to free up memory, why don't you follow John Clark Optimization thread below. I freed up about 24MB using it.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html
    03-27-08 09:47 PM
    Have you tried to remove the unwanted apps by running the AppLoader section of DM and unchecking the apps you don't want?
    03-27-08 09:51 PM
    I will try again! Hopefully it will work this time!
    03-27-08 09:53 PM
    I concede to the "ologist:" I had to reset my phone back to factory default(as in out of the box setting) to fix my issue. I'll check back in a few(switching to laptop)

03-27-08 09:57 PM
    I tried to uncheck the apps in app loader and the apps I want to delete do not show up for me to uncheck.

The only thing left that I can think of is to reset to factory settings as if it were new out of the box. Is this easy to do or should I have Verizon do it?
    03-27-08 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD