I've been reading and searching and cant find an answer. The charging/data port on my pearl is shot. Verizon says i need a replacement. The desktop manager has an error and I'm doubting that I will be able to get any of the contacts from the manager back to the new phone.
    Is there any type of contact backup that can be done wirelessly as I cant use the data port? And i"m running out of time because my battery is only 1/2 full now. IS there an application I can get? Theres got to be something. I use this for work and they tell me the data card can save photos. Who cares about photos? I asked the guy. I have hundreds of contacts w/emails I need.
    Any help is appreciated.
    I fear I 'll have to hand write all the info down but I doubt the battery will last long enough.
    Thanks
    09-25-09 09:53 PM
    Can you borrow a coworker's fully charged battery? That will solve your short term power problem. Then, if you have a PC with Bluetooth, you can sync to Desktop Manager using Bluetooth. That will bypass your USB port.
    09-25-09 10:09 PM
    try pdarepairworld.com, they will change your port for you at a very reasonable price and they advertise a 24 hour turn around time... If you do go through them just send them your phone, and keep your sim card, battery, and battery cover with you....
    09-25-09 10:09 PM
    There's an option in the bluetooth to transfer phone book. If you can get a new blackberry just do it that way. That's what I did.
    09-25-09 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD