My wife's 8130 contained all her addresses, contacts, etc. but she never backed it up on our PC. (I know, I know, she's already been lectured by me, the Verizon rep, all the way up to God) The connection port on her Pearl went bad, so that she could neither charge the phone, nor connect via USB to our PC. So now she can't retrieve any of her data. Verizon was kind enough to ship her a new Pearl, but I'm trying to transfer her data to our PC via Bluetooth so we can transfer it to her new phone. I have paired our computer and her old Pearl, but when I open the BB Desktop Manager and go to the options menu to enable Bluetooth connections, the checkbox is grayed out. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong or any suggestions on how to save the wife's data so I can be a hero? Verizon has been NO help when it comes to the data problem.
    12-12-08 11:47 PM
    Can you not charge both batteries ( the old and new) on the new Pearl...fire both pearls up once this is done..and transfer data from the old to the new via bluetooth?
    12-12-08 11:56 PM
    What if you downloaded a sync app like Google Sync and did it that way?
    12-12-08 11:59 PM
    Can you not charge both batteries ( the old and new) on the new Pearl...fire both pearls up once this is done..and transfer data from the old to the new via bluetooth?
    No, nice thought. Verizon was kind enough to send a replacement phone, but no battery or any other accessory. It's just a phone. I would have to buy another battery to do this. Not a bad idea though.
    12-13-08 08:01 AM
    What if you downloaded a sync app like Google Sync and did it that way?
    Again, same problem. I can't run both phones at once as it now stands. I could buy a new battery, but I'm trying to avoid that.
    12-13-08 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD